Scar looks like a shark bite

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I had my hip replacement 4 weeks ago and am recovering well but as my sister-in-law pointed out my scar looks like I have been bitten by a shark I know it's not going to get smaller but what if ant are you using treat your scars

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi ann, 

rolleyes I have 2 !!!! and it looks as if I have 2 zippers -

Mine were sensitive to the touch for a while so wearing loose and soft fabric things - couldn't bear the stiff harsh feel of denim except when I put a dressing on it - just use it as a buffer ...

it will get less for sure ... regulare massages will also help to get used to the scar to be rubbed and touched ---

how are you doing otherwise?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Doing well walking with just one crutch outside when it stops raining.

Just hoping will be able to get back to aqua classes soon. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.