Scar tissue after ankle break

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been massaging my ankle about an hour a day, broken up into 3x per day to help relieve pain in the top of my foot, but also to break down scar tissue. Has anyone thought much about scar tissue build up? This you tube video below I found, that shows a massage technique for helping to break it up.....basically, it seems to me to rub it all over can't hurt. What do you all think?

Search " you tube Scar tissue mobilization of fractured ankle " to find it.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just wanted to mention something that happened to me at the PT office last week re. scar tissue. The PT worked on scar tissue on top of my plate. He held my ankle and with his two thumbs he pressed what felt pretty hard directly on the plate. After a few seconds, I felt all kinds of electrical kind of vibrations and a one hard one and he told me he just felt some scar tissue release when the bigger pulse happened. I had never thought of pressing on the plate itself, but rather had just massaged on and around the plate. I think this may be helpful for some of you to know that this is a way to release scar tissue on the plate itself. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.