Scar tissue after PKR

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ! I'm 15 months Po PKR. Some talk about the scar tissue inside the knee . How exactly do you know if your having issues with that . I still have a pain when my knee is bent and then I straighten it . It isn't going away and it got me thinking is that the scar tissue that is causing problems still . How does one work on that or is it too late ?

Thank you friends !

Debbie 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Debbie.   I am 24 mos post PKR on my inner right knee.  I had developed some crepidus which sounds awful but did not stop me from any activities.  Then about 3 months ago, my knee would just give out on me.  I was not expecting that because I was doing so well getting back to all my activities. So my Dr. put me into PT thinking it was because I needed to strengthen my leg more (quad and stretching)  to support it.  Then it started getting worse not better.  I would hang on for dear life walking down stairs and anywhere else for that matter.  I finally demanded an MRI.  Went in for a review and after my Dr. looked at it, he pointed out a small bone spur on the outside and also, identified some of the clicking or snapping noises as scar tissue.  Oddly enough I read the radiologist report on my MRI and nowhere was it noted about the bone spur? But I saw it on the screen when my surgeon pointed it out?  So I am hoping and praying that is the problem.   The only way I can walk without a mishap right now, is with a brace and keeping my leg straight.  I cannot live like this (cortizone shot did nothing) so back in I go for a knee scope to remove scar tissue and the spur.   Occasionally my knee will lock which is painful or it will hurt when I straighten it.  It is beyond frustrating after doing so well.  My hope is that after the knee scope that it will take care of this issue.  I am just sharing my pain, frustration and confusion with you in hopes that this will have a good outcome and that you do too.  
    • Posted

How did the scope went? Daughter thinking on doing it to remove scar tissue from fat pad under knee cap. I personally don’t think it’s necessary because she’s improving slowly. She’s at 137 degrees flexion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.