Scardie Cat

Posted , 13 users are following.

Happy Mid Summer,

Quick question.  I am lucky enough to be down to 1mg of pred. and I have rheumy apt coming up in two weeks.  I know he will want me off pred which is fine.  I am just afraid to come off as I feel absolutely fine (except I would like to chop my feet off at the ankles) and I am afraid I will have a flare when I stop.   

Anyone been in the same situation?  I did skip pred one day and then the next day did not feel 100% but perhaps it was psychosomatic.  

What do you think?  

thanks.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi whitefishbay. I was in the same quandary and my rheumy who just dropped me 1 mg a month for the last 9 months told me to also just end after the last month of 1 mg even though I had some minor swelling of the ankles/feet. I had a large supply of 1 mg Pred and went rogue splitting them and took 0.5 for two weeks then after learning about  DSNS on this site I used DSNS to taper using none (0) as the "new" dose to taper from 0.5 to off. All went well and so far, while short time (10 days) I am off Pred and all symptoms have cleared. Fingers crossed!

Good Luck.

• Posted

Dropping from 1mg to zero is a 100% reduction!!!! Your body will notice. I know it is mega hard at this point but maybe cutting your tablets to get 1/2mg and mixing it with the Dead Slow approach would help? That way you have a single day at a time where you feel "strange" and the next day are back to "normal" which the body finds comforting. And then use zero as your next new dose.

What's with the feet? Has no-one offered a reason? Mine was PMR tendonitis/synovitis.

• Posted

Hi Eileen

Of course you are right.  My rheumy said once to take 1mg one day and nothing the next...of course he doesn't have PMR.  I will get my scalpel out and chop away.

My feet:  I diagnosed en tensor tendinitis which my rheumy agreed with. My podiatrist said it isn't.   It is the top of my feet that ache every time I step.  If I go walking or standing I try to wear good shoes.  If I stand for a couple of hours the next day I am in a bit of agony.  I would just like to know so I could self treat.  It could be worse though!

Thank you.  It is a beautiful sunny not to hot day in London.  I bet Italy is warmer and even sunnier. 

Whitefish (Michele)x

• Posted

Possibly not - looks about the same, 23C! And a howling gale here - which isn't all bad of course! It's been hotter the last few days but we had a thunderstorm yesterday evening and it has cooled it off. In the sun it is absolutely roasting though.

• Posted

If I were you I would only go down to a half mg.instead of going off ! mg and then I would wait at least a month or 2 before I would go off completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.