Scared

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been taking citalopram for 4 days now, and previous to that I was taking mirtazapine 15mg for 5 weeks. That was helping me sleep but did nothing for my anxiety during the day as it would make feel as if I wasn’t there. 

The side effects of the mirtazapine were bad but I feel the citalopram is even worse. I get really bad headaches, my anxiety is extreme and I feel like my head is going to explode. I also fear that it’s not working, and I need to go to a mental hospital. I also get unwanted horrible thoughts. Please say it’s gets better because I can’t cope at the moment. 

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes it does get better I don't know why doctor would give you two antidepressants..stick with celexa everything your feeling is quite the norm...

• Posted

I think some doctors add low dose mirt to counter the insomnia that cit gives some people at the beginning.It's quite an easy drug to drop when you feel the Citalopram working unlike z drugs which you can get addicted to. 

• Posted

Yes ...I totally understand ..but it never worked for me ..it just made my anxiety worst..the side effects where horrendous for me...and I wasn't even on celexa yet...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.