Scared and need reassurance and some answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello again, need to see if anybody knows or can help me. I was on zoloft for 6 years and it worked really good. Got off of it back in October 2019. Around January I noticed that I was feeling extra moody and irritable so I decided to restart the zoloft. Started with 50mg and it immediately increased anxiety for about a week and then started to level off. After two weeks I increased to 75mg and now not only am I anxious again but I feel depressed as well, and I wasn't depressed or anxious when I started back. Is that supposed to happen? It's really scaring me. I'm not sure if I should continue the drug or go back down or stop. My husband thinks I need to continue. Has anyone experienced this before? I really need some answers and encouragement!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i would continue for at least 6-8 weeks, i came off citalopram a few years ago thought i was great , within months anxiety took iver followed by an episode of depression restarted meds with sertraline took a good 8 weeks to feel somewhat normal again , that was 2 years ago xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.