Scared help!! Severe anxiety and arms and legs feel tired/weak

Posted , 138 users are following.

Does anyone feel weak like tired muscles in the legs and arms with anxiety and have no energy. I also have burning feeling in arms sometimes. I know I'm tense but 8n still panic. I have had severe anxiety for the last 3 months and it's scaring me alot. I juat eant to feel normal again. I feel like I'm not myself at all like I'm just in a daze all the time.

28 likes, 247 replies

247 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just came across your post. Yes, we (this community of anxiety prone individuals) definitely can empathize with you. My advice:

Go to a doctor and get a complete physical. This will help to pinpoint any problem you might have AND help alleviate fears of what you most certainly DON'T have. I am the worst at letting my mind race way ahead of me and my anxiety takes over my legs, feet, arms etc. A good game plan of counseling, rest, good nutrition, moderate exercise will definitely help.

• Edited

im currently experiencing the exact same. Almost feels like my arms aren't there especially my left. even my eyes feel funny!! im lying in bed so scared im about to die

• Posted

my excat feelings like why cant somenody help i been to hospital 4 timea and even switched doctors they act like its sooooo normal

• Posted

i feel like this all day legs ans arms like jelly sit tenced all the time always having vertigo so its like a curcle you worry about one thing and thats when i feel weak ..

• Posted

Soanxious,

First off I hope you are already feeling better! ive been treated depression/anxiety for 20 years. All of a sudden about 4 weeks ago I started being in a constant state of panic with trouble taking deep breathes and convinced I'm going to die at any minute. Ive been to two different ERs and both found nothing wrong with mu chest x-ray, EKG, or bloodwork.

I woke up this morning with dizziness and my legs feeling like jelly. I did a google search and found your post.

Did you find a solution? My doctor switched me from lexapro 20mg to prozac 40 mg but i know it takes a few weeks. I hope we can all feel normal again!

• Posted

Hello, just joined here so glad some of you have similar symptoms. I have always had amxiety but lately, since mid April I was going out and feeling very dizzy. My legs then start shaking and I can't focus at all. I had to ask one or two other people going to my local shop to help walk me there and back! I then had it happen again, and had to ask for help walkign home, within ten minutes, things just felt spaced out. Not spinning as such but 'not with it'.

I am fighting it as I cannot afford taxis home all the time being on universal credit. I just panic before I leave the house try to remain calm, walk slowly, and stop if need to but I feel so confused as I can't seem to walk far at all without the nerves in my head causing the dizziness.

I have had home deliveries or I use the shopping trolley for support, in stead of baskets.

It sucks as I hate moaning to my family but I cry most days as I hate summer anyway, days are long and pointless. I have tried medication for vertigo which only helps a bit. I get b12 iron injections that might help soon but I am really fed up. I enjoy working but this is making me fearful of when I go out and my legs start to shake if I am in a queue or something, it makes me cry out of frustrationgs when I get home. I am on temporary sick but I don't feel unwell just drained. I want to visit my cousin but it is a 2 hour train ride, he knows of my anxiety and dizziness and it really sucks as it can happen when I least want it too. I don't seem to get this in the winter so it could be a weather change if so, I cannot wait for September. Lol. Good luck and hope you all feel better as anxiety can really make one feel isolated and low!

• Posted

i feel the same all day i feel a scared feel like i cant hold things jelly legs like am going to collapse all the time i have these feelings all day long coz i sit constanlty thinking i am dying of some disease .. my balance is bad to .. i have had all test mri ENT APPOINTMENTS BLOODS ALL NORMAL BUT STILL FEEL LIKE DOCTORS ARE MISSING SOMETHINK .

• Posted

yesssss mine came out the blue being going on for 2 months meds not working i have attack eveyday feel like im dying

• Posted

hi all, i just found this forum upon doing research to see if anyone has similar symptoms as me. this all started in January of this year. i couldn't breathe well, had terrible heart palpitations. one day i was grocery shopping and had the worst tunnel vision...i was dissociating! i never ever felt this way. it was truly terrifying. i tried to get through it by myself, but one evening it got so bad (shortness of breath and palpitations and also burning in my chest) i had to go to the ER! i thought i was having a heart attack. i'm 30 years old, female, average weight, & never had health issues. now i will say, i had been diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia in the past, which is a faster than normal heart rate, but it never bothered me much before like it did recently. that night the hospital ran so many tests on me, everything came back normal. so they gave me ativan through the IV and told me to relax. they sent me home with propanolol and told me this was anxiety, but to see an electrophysiologist. so i made an appointment. i just knew this wasn't anxiety. as i waited for my appointment, i started getting more symptoms... dizziness, brain fog, vision problems (terrible sensitivity to light), my legs felt like they weighed a ton, i was tired and weak all the time, my anxiety reached new heights and i also started feeling depressed (i thought i was becoming psychotic). I NEVER had anxiety or depression like this before. so i go to see the electrophysiologist and he does an EKG on me (comes back normal, just fast heartbeat), tells me to get an echocardiogram done, and also wear a heart monitor for about a week. i go back to see him for my results, and he tells me everything is normal. BUT I KNEW SOMETHING WAS OFF. so before i left, he ends up doing another EKG (he almost didn't)... and there it was. he tells me i have WPW or Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome. if you look it up, it was giving me all my symptoms. WPW doesn't always appear on an EKG, which is why the first time i got one done it came back normal. so to get it corrected i had to get a catheter ablation done. & it was successful. at one point during surgery my heart rate went up to 250bpm! scary. the surgery took about 4 hours and i went home the same day. today marks 2 months since my surgery. i will say a lot of symptoms i had, have lessened. i'm not 100% myself yet, but i'm also seeing a neuro and she told me to give it 90 days to feel completely better. i have had vertigo in the past, so i'm getting a balance test done thursday for that. i think the WPW really triggered the anxiety and now i'm trying to cope through it. when i need a mental boost i take 1 L-Theanine 100mg chewable tablet from the Stress Relax brand. i got it from Amazon. the dosage is different for everyone, but 1 in the morning does the trick for me. i don't take it every day, just when these mental feelings are too much to handle. it helps! please see an electrophysiologist to see if its WPW. i'm still getting through the anxiety/depression and vision problems... my heart goes out to all of you. truly, and i hope i helped in some way.

• Edited

hey guys ive been experiencing anxiety since 2012 after I had my first child.. i didnt have a clue what it was when i first started having panic attacks... it was sooo scary !!!! It was so bad to the point where i was scared to leave the house to go anywhere because i was afraid that i would have one in public and couldnt control it...after so long i learned how to cope with it but now its like its becoming severe again ... everyday im experiencing different things with my body and its so draining... I just want to he normal again so i can be able to take my kids out of town to see alot more than they have and it hurts me to my heart that im so afraid to travel due to condition. I pray for normal all the time cause i really need my life back!!

• Posted

hi I think I am going through the same thing? I just woke up and felt like my arms dont work. it's like having a back pack on my shoulders full of bricks and weights on my arm. like they have gone dead. my neck feels like it is to weak to hold my head and my throat feels like I am being strangled. Hate this feeling totally losing control of my thoughts. is this similar to you? xx

• Posted

yes mine is my legs from low back down my legs are weak and hurt and i feel like im going crazy idk what to do been to every doctor and they just say from back but back doc says no so idk

• Posted

im getting the same symptoms. I feel so light and weak and tired all the time. I also get the burning in my arms and my feet are ice cold. Ive been in a constant state of anxiety for 4 or 5 days now its horrible!! ive had bad anxiety for the last month but usually all the symptoms subside when the panic attack it over. Im having about 4 panic attacks aday for the last 4 days.

• Posted

yes i do and twitching i feel like a cant hold things long am that weak its horrible just anxiety got a grip of me

• Edited

As an anxiety sufferer myself, I had a long road to realize just how much anxiety can affect your physical body as well. Weak arms and legs or general weakness is normal with severe anxiety as the overthinking that leads to anxious feelings takes a lot of energy from other places in your body.

What worked for me : My severe anxiety stemmed from a traumatic event that took a while to realize. Once i realized, I started seeing a counselor / therapist and began CBT Therapy which i was skeptical of but helped a ton. I highly recommend getting to the bottom of the problem and figuring out why you are feeling like this in the first place.

Keep a journal on hand and every time you start to feel anxious, trace your steps back and try to find what "thought or thought patterns " led to these feelings. This helps to make you aware of how this cycle works and what thoughts trigger your reactions.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Also, The Anxiety Guy on youtube has very helpful and intuitive videos explaining why you get certain symptoms and how to deal and reverse them. With Practice of course .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.