Scared help!! Severe anxiety and arms and legs feel tired/weak

Posted , 138 users are following.

Does anyone feel weak like tired muscles in the legs and arms with anxiety and have no energy. I also have burning feeling in arms sometimes. I know I'm tense but 8n still panic. I have had severe anxiety for the last 3 months and it's scaring me alot. I juat eant to feel normal again. I feel like I'm not myself at all like I'm just in a daze all the time.

28 likes, 247 replies

247 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have suffered for many years but wasnt diagnosed with GAD with Panic attacks until 2014 after my first child.That is when the attacks became severe. I had to seek therapy, in conjunction with xanax then switched to klonopin which worked well. My symptoms those days were.. dizziness, lightheadedness, feelings of doom or needing to flee. Nocturnal panic attacks.. muscle weakness... so many. I stayed on for many years. I took myself off oct 2018 and i felt great.. manageable attacks. Then I found out i was pregnant jan of 20..

the attacks came back with vengeance. Obviously I could not take anything while pregnant. I am now back in therapy on klonopin. I also had a poatpartum heart condition that i recovered from but it is the leading cause of the anxiety. I was doing well for a while and now i keep feeling like my left arm is weak or tires or near my heart. Idk how to even describe it.. its not pain just feel weak? It scares me so much.. The intrusive thoughts send me over the edge.

• Edited

Sounds like Adrenaline fatigue to me, I've had it. Anxiety and depression can turn you Adrenaline on 24/7, we all know it as living on your nerves. It's incredibly debilitating and mentally tiring. I spent almost 3 months in bed in my late 20s because of this. I couldn't even get up a flight of stairs and I'm not kidding. My arms and legs felt like I'd done a 3 hour gym workout, every minute of every day. I couldn't think properly, my balance was affected, my eye sight and coordination. It was hell and all from anxiety! I didn't feel normal after that for a year, I just felt I was between to realities. Anyway, I can assure you it can feel awful, but it doesn't kill you.

• Posted

I'm having all those same symptoms (and more, you can see all the symptoms I have in my most recent post). But the body weakness/soreness and brain fog/ trouble thinking are the worst of these with the biggest impact on my day to day life.

Were/are your symptoms constant/persistent? And did you have all the same symptoms as I currently have?

• Edited

Firstly, i think this is very brave that we can all speak openly about these cruel feelings that anxiety makes us feel. I have read every single message relating to this subject and think its so important that we share and talk about this stuff. As regards the tired muscle feelings in your legs and arms well at first you think what the hell is going on , then you think will it ever go away, then am i really ill then why me etc . So i experienced this weird feeling and didnt have a clue. it usually started when walking alone, and thus wanting to flee the situation, run as fast as i could to get home. These feelings actually cone down to adrenaline. Anxiety can build up in your body over weeks, months years and then one day boom your body is fuelled up with this extra chemical and it wants to escape but because we have all internalised a thought and have started to listen to every different thought and feeling we keep adding to this chemical. The muscle tension you feel etc will calm down when you are really to calm and let go. Learning to relax, love yourself, be kind to your needs, get plenty of good quality rest, limit any caffine, look at BRETHWRK APP its fab and really really helps, look at TAPPINGSOLUTION APP it also really really helps. concentrating on a hobby to help stop thoughts ruminating really really helps. THESE ARE NOT OVERNIGHT solutions but wow they make such a difference . You are not alone. You will over come this blip and you are safe and healthy and you are not ill and you will not die. You will get over this and move forward . I hope this has helped a little but everyone on this site is very supportive and that alone will also help. its important to talk to folks that understand what you are feeling and the sensations that come with it. x

• Edited

my girlfriend tells me to calm down and she thinks i am going crazy , and i tell her " its really hard to calm down when i am feeling all kinds of weird s**t going on with me "nobody will Truly understand until they go through it.

• Posted

Hi !I totally understand how you feel !Ive been having severe panic anxiety attacks which make s me faint and all wobbly and unstable on my feet !My hall body goes floppy weird headache space out and full of anxiety !I cant even take one step!It feels like my body has no energy or strength at all!It so scary ! I started to take propranolol which have stopped my anxiety attack which is a big help !I still have anxiety and feel faint and wobbly on my feet but the tablet is helping me to get through the day and get on with my daily life routine !I

• Posted

I feel the same thing and also feel like I cant focus and like also if my eyes are shifting away and feel like if i will faint and pass out. Feel also like i cant coordinate my left hand especially. I have had maybe 5 brain ct scans at various hospitals and other chest xrays etc and now i am worried if i can get cancer from all the radiation. Do you also experience this or anyone else. I was taking prozac couldnt last on it ,and was prescribed clonzepam and worried if i have withdrawal symptoms, were using any anxiety meds ?

• Posted

Yes, I've had all those symptoms and more. I have a lot of brain fog and feel like I can't think properly and have trouble concentrating. My eyes have trouble staying on a target and will constantly try to jerk or move away. My entire body also feels weak and difficult to coordinate. I just saw a Neurologist who said everything looks fine and that it's most likely either some sort of bodily infection/virus, etc. Or some type of mental disorder (GAD, Depression, etc.)

• Posted

ano this is an old post but suffering myself

had tightness of ankles weakness in knees all over body tireness eyelid drooping eyelid twitching curled in fingers to palm chest pain & full on body aches emotionally drain no happy hormones & now that weak stop doing daily tasks been like this for months just want to stop feeling so rank could all this be linked o anxiety ?

• Posted

same here it started me getting the odd dizzines wile driving an now its turned into a full blown illness were i constanly feel like jelly i cant grip things i feel scared all the time as if i am going to have a full blown panick but i just fet the adrenalyin rush what makes me weak an balance is bad

• Posted

Hi I have been having the same issues since November of last year it's been A complete mess I get the dizziness the brain fog the feeling of something going on with my head and face the tingling and weakness in my arms hands and legs the heavy eyes and palpitations and general weakness and fatigue 😩 somebody please help tired of feeling like this I just want to feel normal again

• Posted

yeah all this really sucks I’ve been going through it for at least a month now after a nerve pain in my scalp which I’ve been to the neurologist in ER twice and everything is coming back fine,I had a really bad panic attack and I started going into depression and anxiety in every day is a new thing my feet feel weird from my shins going down to my feet feel tingly,And I’m always feeling something else weird every day I just wanna go back to normal I also suffer from heart PVCs which is now making it worse with this anxiety.

• Edited

I have a history of health related anxiety. When my friend told me about Creutzfeld Jakob disease in the 90s, I would freak out every time I couldn't remember something and was sure my brain was being eaten by prions. When an acquaintance contracted and eventually succumbed to ALS I fretted about every muscle twitch or stumble, sure I was getting it too.

Usually the anxiety symptoms are things I can handle. I might not sleep well for a few weeks, or have to ride out muscle twitches for a month or so, but recently over the span of just 10 days I went through some actual, verified health stuff. I had a Bell's Palsy in which half of my face was partially paralyzed! bam! In the CAT scan to confirm it wasn't a stroke (it wasn't, woo!) they saw that I had a pseudo aneurysm in my neck and a mass on one of my salivary glands! bam! bam! The Bell's Palsy cleared in about a week woo! but literally the very next day I had excruciating pain in one of my arms that was diagnosed as a tennis elbow, and if that is indeed what it is I have a newfound respect for tennis players because it hurt like hell. Anyway. bam! The vascular surgeon said the pseudo aneurysm is small and likely not an issue so we'll wait and see on that woo! and the arm pain is much better now woo! but the mass in my neck will require surgery BAM!!!!

Since all this went down I've lost about 15lb, I've been sleeping terribly, and almost every day I have numb-ish fingertips, pain in the bottom of my feet, and tingling in my legs, plus some random assortment of lethargy, trembling hands, lots and lots of muscle twitches, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night from what I can best describe as a whole-body shuddering.

For a while I was sure I had Guillain Barre Syndrome because that's what I tend to do: assume the worst possible scenario. I had the J&J vaccine in early April and it's a rare side effect, so that had to be it, right? Could all these be caused by something serious like Guillain Barre, or ALS, or MS, or poisoning by space aliens? Yeah. It's statistically possible. But I'm currently heeding my therapist's advice: if you're out in a field and hear hooves stomping off in the distance, it's much more likely to be horses than zebras (er, unless you're in Africa or at a zoo I guess). The metaphor being that while it's possible that I have MS or ALS or Guillain Barre, it's less likely that they're caused by something rare and scary and much more likely that my symptoms are triggered by something that makes more logical sense, like my Celiac disease or, in this case, a ton of stress from the other health related issues that probably caused a lot of anxiety that my body is still dealing with.

It's also been helpful to view other posts on this site. They say 'don't Google your symptoms' and generally that's good advice, but I've found if I type in 'forums anxiety' before my symptoms, I'm led to forums like this one. It's been extremely helpful to see other people who catastrophize like I do, and other people who get the same anxiety symptoms. So thank you all for that.

• Edited

Tremelo,

I cannot believe how similar our minds work. It's as if I wrote your post. I have a terrible fear of MS, ALS, that the Johnson&Johnson vaccine I took in March is causing my prolonged thigh pain, etc. It's good to know that I am not alone in my somewhat irrational thought process!

• Posted

I find myself using some variation of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to calm myself down when I get frustrated. I remind myself : 'Hey, my facial paralysis went away. My excruciating arm pain is almost entirely gone. My feet still hurt but not nearly as much as they did 2 weeks ago. If it was something truly scary and potentially fatal, those things probably wouldn't be getting better.' I'm still annoyed that my fingers are numb/tingly, but at least I can smile and speak and wink and wave. Patience. Breathing. Patience. Breathing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.