Scared help!! Severe anxiety and arms and legs feel tired/weak

Posted , 138 users are following.

Does anyone feel weak like tired muscles in the legs and arms with anxiety and have no energy. I also have burning feeling in arms sometimes. I know I'm tense but 8n still panic. I have had severe anxiety for the last 3 months and it's scaring me alot. I juat eant to feel normal again. I feel like I'm not myself at all like I'm just in a daze all the time.

28 likes, 247 replies

247 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

These are things that have helped me or that I have learned about my anxiety.

I learned that the cause of my anxiety is going through very very stressful moments in life (like problems or extreme period cramp pain) that my brain doesn't know how to cope with. So my mind sort of detaches itself. I then go through a fraction (not full on) depersonalization/derealization. I start to feel hopeless and I feel like not myself and a general feeling of something not being right. I start asking existential questions like why is this happening to me, will I have this for the rest of my life, why do people suffer like this, how much longer will I be able to withstand this, is there no hope.. etc. When I can't answer my own questions, the anxiety increases and I feel adrenaline rush through my veins which feel like acid, but now I know its just adrenaline. Then after, ever little feeling in my body is seen under a microscope wondering if it could be due to a disease I just haven't been diagnosed with. There were times I almost wished my symptoms were due to a disease just so that I can feel like my brain's imagination wasn't the one that betrayed me and in fact all my anxiety was not felt in vain. Yet that is not true because test come back normal and it all comes back to just being anxiety.

To cope with the existential questions, I now tell myself "I belong" repeatedly. If depersonalization/derealization means that you feel detached from your body then on the first sig of this I affirm in the most confident way "I belong to my body, I belong to this earth, I deserve to feel happy and joy I am whole and not divided by parts (brain. body. symptoms), I am whole and complete and most importantly, s**t happens so get over it"

Now at the first symptom of anxiety, I quickly say this phrase in my head "I don't care". Like I'm telling my anxiety, "listen, I see you trying to get my attention. You don't want me to forget you. I see you waving your arm saying, Remember me? Don't forget me! We belong together!, but I don't care!" Then it feels like my anxiety symptoms and adrenaline rush quickly come and then fade..By this time my mind has already moved on to think about something else (I force myself to quickly think of something else, anything, to ignore my symptoms). This strategy welcomes my symptoms to pass through but not stay. I don't fight the symptoms because that means I will have to give them attention and energy. I now just say "I don't care, move along"

I discovered this strategy 2 days ago by reading about depersonalization/derealization which was new to me. I researched this because 4 days ago I had a really bad episode which made me feel hopeless. So I have been trying this new strategy for 2 days and its working for me.

Also, if I start getting scared about reliving symptoms I say to myself that even if my symptoms come back they will never feel the same like before because tomorrow will be a new day with different factors that influence how you feel. So even if I do relive anxiety it doesn't mean it will feel like before. So I might as well try guessing the future and stop being scared or wasting energy thinking about what future symptoms will feel like.

Another thing I learned is that my Vitamin D levels are in fact low! During the times when my anxiety was the worse my D levels were the lowest.

I also learned that I am very sensitive to hormonal changes in my body around my menstrual period. So, even when life gets stressful for me I can handle it if it happens between the day after my period up to ovulation. This is because my estrogen levels are the highest and which increase serotonin,and I feel the healthiest because our immune system is the strongest. But after these 15 days, after ovulatiom to the start of my period, estrogen drops dramatically. I feel ill, I have a runny nose, I feel weak, my mood feels like blah. Then when I am about to have my period my anxiety kicks in.

Then I also discovered that when I take vitamin D supplements my menstrual cramps decrease significantly or are gone completely. I still have fatigue but no cramps.

With that said, during the times I have not been consistent taking my vitamin D, my period cramps are the worse.

I have fibroids which should make my periods painful and they do, but not while vitamin D. So, this last time I wasn't consistent taking it and my period cramps were extremely painful. It didn't matter how many pain killers, heating pads,turmic pills I took, I felt so hopeless.

So, guess what? My brain couldn't cope and the days that followed I experienced everything I mentioned before. The pain felt so traumatic that later when the pain was gone I could be distracted thinking about something else. Then my mind out of nowhere would remind me if the trauma I had endured the day prior, and I would start crying out of fear. Then the anxiety would kick in. Then the questioning of why me why this would start. Then when I didn't have the answers I felt hopeless, then I would feel fear for feeling hopeless. Then the adrenaline would kick in. Then other new symptoms would arise giving me medical anxiety. Then the extreme fatigue would set. All this!!!!!

So now I say, I don't care! Anxiety knocks I answer. I don't care, move on, I give you permission to pass through but you cant stay no more. Go talk to someone who cares!

Doing this isn't easy because every time I try I feel a bit of fear and doubt like I have no authority to demand such thing. Like who do I think I am that suddenly I grew some balls. My anxiety makes me doubt myself. But then I say to myself that I belong.. I belong... I BELONG! I have a right to advocate for myself. I have a human right to enjoy life like everyone else in this world and s**t happens so get over it!

Okay so its only been 2 days doing this so wish me luck this keeps working for me!!!

• Posted

I love this❤🌷😁

I am going to take a leaf from you! when I think my heart is going to explode what can I really do about it lol, and if I recite something similar that envokes entitlement here I should feel more grounded. I keep getting worried about taking a stroke that now I've kinda accepted it. I am a healthy 43 year old according to the NHS and it got that bad yesterday I phoned an ambulance, the staff were so kind and helpful. I have only started having panic attacks since my operation two months ago, I was traumatised by a procedure that took place before my actual surgery. I have always been quite a nervous person but never suffered panic attacks they are so REAL. I'm so glad you are owning your situation, thanks again for sharing, very helpful😊🌷

• Posted

Ashwaganda is a good herb for anxiety. my shoulders and arms get very weak and heavy and it makes my panic worse thinking its alot more serious, panic is awful. magnesium supplementation may also help. one day the doctors will hopefully be prescribing these types of treatments. I cant stress enough how daily exercise has helped me and doctors certainly reccomend this.

• Posted

I feel the exact same and it gives me some comfort that I'm not alone. Remember you are not alone either.

• Posted

i lost three of my siblings , two to cancer and one we dont know what she died of. I'm scared all the time , always think i have something terminal and I'm going to die. this has taken over my life my legs feel weak like I'm going to fall . The ER knows me on a first name basis its horrible . I can actually create symptoms of illness , it has become debilitating . There are people who don't get , you feel alone and crazy .

• Edited

Hello soanxious, I also have had really bad anxiety for the past 4 months, I have experienced an arrange of strange wired and terrible sensations!

From shooting pains runing down my legs to my toes & from my sholders to my finger tips. Tingling sensations all over my body & the worst, buzzing sort of wave sensation in my brain, awful really really awful!

I was a confident person before this, now I dread leaving the hosue, never mind talking to anyone. But I have came to accept it & now trying to deal with it, not getting into a massave panic anymore even know it gets really bad, few times I have nearly phoned an ambulance!

YOU are not alone buddy, what you are feeling is natural, its you're body's way of dealing with stress, or other situations ie things in you're past, losing a loved one, relashonship. Could be a number of things that's triggerd this situation for yourself.

You're body is now locked up and in a hyper state of emotions, trying to protect itself from impact. (fight of flight)

Also you are more aware of sensations within you're body in this state, sort of scanning for issues, looking for reasson on why this is Happing.

Please be reassured, that you are fine! Unless you are in severe pain to the point you cannot physically do anything, then yes. Call a doctor straight away.

Do some meditation, sounds so silly but it actually works, you need to take the tenson and focus away from them muscles, the more you worry the more they will tense up and the cycle will continue.

You are not alone, even know it feels that way you are not! And it will get better, but you need to accept it and work on it!

Wish you well on you're journey, S x

• Posted

Are any of you guys dealing with the worst insomnia? i cant sleep for days, shake and high heart rate all night. urghh God I hope anxiety is not a life sentence.

• Posted

Are any of you guys dealing with the worst insomnia? i cant sleep for days, shake and high heart rate all night. urghh God I hope anxiety is not a life sentence.

• Posted

yes I know exactly what your feeling, I wake up with my arms and legs numbness and tingling them my heart starts to race. sometimes I feel like I'm having a heart attack, when it finally goes away I still feel a heaviness over my chest

• Posted

yes I know exactly what your feeling, I wake up with my arms and legs numbness and tingling them my heart starts to race. sometimes I feel like I'm having a heart attack, when it finally goes away I still feel a heaviness over my chest

• Posted

burning hands I have the same when my stress are over the roof, morning are the worst because stress hormone are more active in the morning

• Edited

Have you or has anyone else on here complaining of the same had their Covid vaccine? I've been feeling this way ever since I had the Oxford AZ on the 12th of February.

• Posted

omg!! yesss!!! i got pfizzer 3 weeks ago.i have been getting this "spells" where i feel really bad, dizzy, off, like panic attacks and my legs feel like jelly. went to er, had some test done sent me home, still feeling like " doom".going to GP on monday. What symthons did you have?

• Posted

funny because all my started after my first jab then started to go then after second jab it cone on me worse the dizziness GAD is out of controll now

• Posted

Believe me when I say that I suffer almost constantly with burning pains across back, shoulders & down both arms most of the day at the moment. I have severe anxiety but only pop an occasional diazapam for it and I struggle with SSRIs/SNRIs. I would describe the burning pains as pins & needles on steroids. It's often worse at night when lying down. I know why I'm stressed but won't go into details here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.