Scared help!! Severe anxiety and arms and legs feel tired/weak

Posted , 138 users are following.

Does anyone feel weak like tired muscles in the legs and arms with anxiety and have no energy. I also have burning feeling in arms sometimes. I know I'm tense but 8n still panic. I have had severe anxiety for the last 3 months and it's scaring me alot. I juat eant to feel normal again. I feel like I'm not myself at all like I'm just in a daze all the time.

28 likes, 247 replies

247 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Omg yes!! I'm going thru it right now, was at er twice this week. I'm so scared I've got ms or als. I'm so tired and muscles feel exhausted. It's almost like if you were lifting weights and you set them down, that feeling after words. That's how my arms and legs feel. I'm so scared. I'm afraid I'm gonna die. I'm

Going to see an neurologist Monday and I'm so scared he's gonna say I have lugherits disease or ms. This hasppnes even when I'm calm. That's why I'm so scared 😥😥😥😥please help.

• Posted

Ashley, please please please follow up on here after you see your neuro. I'm having the exact same symptoms and am extremely interested in that you find out. Wishing you the best.

• Posted

Hi Kallen, having the exact same now too, how did you get on with this?

• Edited

Hey guys! I wrote this post over a year ago and have come a long way since then. I know what it's like to feel this way and this site helped me alot so I hope I can do the same for you. I couldn't believe anxiety could cause all of these physical symptoms and actually had a nervous breakdown. I went to the dr every week, couldn't eat sleep, get out of bed or anything, I felt like I was going crazy. What I can tell you is anxiety really can cause all of these symptoms and it does get better. It took me a long time and I had this symptom, and a whole bunch of other ones. When one symptoms would go away I would get a new one and this went on for almost a year. I still get symptoms now but the more I tell myself it's just anxiety and try to if orenit goes away. Deep breathing really helps, I didn't think it did until I tried it. I also went for massages and taken warm baths in Epsom salts, as well as CBT. What I realized the more I read and the more I really thought about the symptoms in a better frame of mind and paid attention to my body I realized I was tensing all of the time. And now where in not as tense the symptoms aren't as bad but if I purposely tense my muscles I will get the same feelings.

Below w me when I tell you I have had every symptom and I was absolutely convinced I had MS. Still even today it crosses my mind sometimes but not nearly as bad as it was. I read how many people with anxiety thought they had this same disease and how common it was and I gradually and slowly started to feel better. I had weak feelings nunbness tingling burning sensations I had warm and cold sensations. I had them all. I went to a neurologist I went to doctors and every one of them told me it was anxiety and I didnt have MS or anything else I thought I had. When I get stressed now I will get symptoms and even when I don't feel stressed I still get them but the more I tell myself it's just anxiety the faster it goes away. I hope this helps. Anxiety is horrible and I'm scared to go through what I went through last year again and I hope I can keep it manageable and never have to again bc it's the worst feeling in the entire world

• Posted

Thank you so much for following up, 4soanxious. It really does help to see that others have similar experiences. Glad to hear you're beating it. Wish you all the best.

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing better Soanxious.  Like others, I share a lot of your symptoms.  I have some strange ones I won't bore you guys with right now.  The weak legs with warm/cold sensations (I can't tell if they are warm or cold) is ongoing.   I am an older women, and I have suffered with generalized anxiety since a child.  It gets worse with age, believe me.  Right now my anxiety is at an all time high because of another health issue I'm having.  I get this what I call a 'rush' of what feels like electric current running through my body.  It's short lived and happens mostly when in bed.  It wakes me up.  My legs feel like there is a mild electric current going through them all the time.  I don't think they are weak; just feel that way.

Like a couple others here, the MS/ALS worry sends us into even more anxiety.  I just saw a neurologist and I'm scheduled for an EMG on 2/1/17.  I'm scared to death about that, and it's fueling more anxiety.  Those of you that have had one, is it bearable?  It can't rule out MS though.  I guess if the EMG is ok, they proceed to a MRI or heavens forbid a spinal tap.  <sigh>

I wish Ashley would give us a report on how she is doing. 

• Posted

hi, idk if you still are active on this website or discussion but I am going through the same exact thing and it is a living hell for me and I'm only 18! I just wanted to chat to you (if that is okay) for closure and to relieve my anxiety and overcome this because it is really ripping me apart. You're help is really appreciated! thank you

-Jay

• Posted

Hey, I'm 20 and have had extreme panic attacks, anxiety, ocd, fatigue etc for the last 5 years. You're not alone and a might be useful to get your thyroid checked as apparently that can have a lot to do with anxiety. Contact me if you'd like a friend in the same kind of situation as you

• Posted

I’m going through the same situation, it helps so much knowing others are going through the same thing. I don’t feel as crazy anymore. 

• Posted

You're right Marilee, mine was manageable most of the time but when the late 50s and then the 60s came-oh boy, it's way worse without estrogen! I too like CBTherapy, medicare doesn't pay for a counselor but there are lots of good books, workbooks and videos about Cognitive Behavior Therapy. I like one tip it gave me about trying to wait until my regular routine Dr appt when a symptom shows up rather then to make a special appt. I found this page because of googling leg cramps/weakness and have all of the above on this page. Hope your emg turned out ok Marilee.

• Posted

I no this was along time ago, but how are you getting on, I have the electric shock feelings, also menopausel age 58, are you on any medication now at all,
  • Posted

Hello soanxious. Since more than one month I'm facing lot of problems with my health just similar to u. Is it really anxiety ? Even I had been to many doctors and all are saying that it's just anxiety. But I'm getting some unusual pains in my toes with horrible fingers tingling, dizziness, tired muscles and many. I keep on thinking about these pains since morning to night. It's really creating hell and I'm unable to concentrate on anything. I got every test done and all were normal. Please help me out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.