Scared help!! Severe anxiety and arms and legs feel tired/weak

Posted , 138 users are following.

Does anyone feel weak like tired muscles in the legs and arms with anxiety and have no energy. I also have burning feeling in arms sometimes. I know I'm tense but 8n still panic. I have had severe anxiety for the last 3 months and it's scaring me alot. I juat eant to feel normal again. I feel like I'm not myself at all like I'm just in a daze all the time.

28 likes, 247 replies

247 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Soanxious,

I can relate in everything you sajd. My legs get so tired and arms and feel exhausted!!!! Even if I think I had a decent sleep. Brain fog is bad also. I call it living in my head. Sucks really for lack of a better word. Seeing my doc today. Need to be on something to help me get thru this. Hang in there.

• Posted

Post Dramitic Stress Disorder. It's what I'm having right now. My body is no longer in danger or I'm not thinking of anything and you still get in shock. It causes depression and anxiety. Sends warm shocks to the arms and legs uncomfortable feeling on both sides of the chest and panic attacks. Even after finally managing to sleep you are still weak and somewhat shaky. I'd say go see your doctor get some medication to block off the stress signal or anxiety and go get some counselling.

• Posted

Hi,

This is how I feel right now. Just wondered how you are now and how you got through this.

Laura

• Posted

Hi, I still get this feeling sometimes. I had it a few days ago when i had bad anxiety. I thought i was going to collapse and didnt think i was going to be able to drive home. Since i have had it for so long i can sometimes just tell myself its anxiety and it will subside its when you give into it which i still do alot that it continues. If its really bad i will take a lorazepam and that helps. Then i telk myself it has to be anxiety bc if it was something serious like a neurological disease, lorazepam wouldnt make it go away.
    • Posted

I am so happy I found this forum! I suffer from Anxiety and PTSD! Recently I hadn't taken my meds for about 3 weeks or so due to a pharmacy mixup when I moved out of state and I'd been feeling very weird and not myself. So 3 days ago I started taking my meds again and all of a sudden it's like my body went crazy. I started getting muscle spasms, itching, tingles, muscle weakness and cramps. I've been to the ER 3- 4 times in a week and a half. Each time they tell me I'm fine and all my blood work is good. I've had dizzzy spells, headaches, crying spouts, heart palpitations, and I've become obsessed with googling symptoms. In the last weak I've diagnosed myself with 3 types of cancer, als, mls and diabetes. Every woman in my family has Anxiety. I feel so not myself. My feet sweat, my hands sweat!

I just go through a million forums trying to find others who understand me. How could it have gotten this bad and to this point?!?! Even when I tell myself I'm going to have a good day I end up feeling these physical symptoms. I thought maybe I had a thyroid or peripheral neuropathy. Because of the muscle weakness! I'm just driving myself crazy.

• Posted

Omg!!! Everything you have written is identical to me!!!!

Although it doesn't help but it gives me some peace that others are suffering the same as me too??

• Posted

Yeah, when you're off meds for awhile they cause symptoms. I have had the leg muscle weakness too before.

• Posted

Yes all the time, Docs said it's anxiety just this week started my Counselling!!

I have felt weak, tired, headaches, dizzy!!!!!!

• Posted

Hi 

Same here. Arms and legs feel weak. Bad sleep anxiety feel so restless.  Are you the same? I tried Xanax and sleeping pills but they all say not to take those? Do you take anything?

I can’t bare it any longer.  

• Posted

Clonazepam(Klonipin) is not as strong as Xanax or sleeping pills and it works fantastic for anxiety. Sometimes you have to take it to break the cycle of panic and it kind of lets you stand back and take a look at what's really happening. Also, like soanxious said, it can make a symptom go away or get better then you know it's anxiety and not a disease. 

• Posted

Like many others on here I'm so glad I found this forum. 

Ive had really good health throughout my life so far, however my mother passed away 4 years ago then my dad died from cancer 7 months ago, alongside my family we nursed him until the end. Recently I've had back and hip pain which I've had intermittently for past 7 years which I've never really worried about previously. Anyway thinking about my parents made me think that I must have something serious, googling lots of symptoms made me believe I had these conditions and illnesses. Only 4 weeks ago I had the jelly leg feeling as if I've done a weights session in the gym, the more I thought about it the longer the feeling would stay, if I was out and about and bumped into someone after chatting it would just disappear, also I had the jelly leg feeling all day, then when I went to the pub with friends later that day  it completely disappeared all night, however once my hangover eased it returned the following afternoon.

does this sound like what others are going through? I'm hoping I have nothing serious going on inside of me, but I'm thinking I should go and see a doctor to get to the bottom of this as I've not had any help or medication for this, I haven't even discussed this with my wife or any friends. I'm just trying to relax my thoughts but I'm struggling. 

• Posted

This forum is so great! Just know if you are reading this that you are not alone! There are MILLIONS of people around the world dealing with the same mental and physical symptoms that you are. You are not crazy because you deal with anxiety.  I know it feels like it most times but believe me...you are not.

I have dealt with anxiety for most of my life. I didn’t know what it was for many many years. It would just manifest as what I called the “weird feeling”. I’ve come to learn A LOT about anxiety over the years and I know first hand that it can manifest in many more ways than you ever thought possible. Every single symptom that has been mentioned in the thread can be attributed to anxiety. Here is a list of every symptom I can ever recall having:

- racing thoughts 

- “what if” thoughts

- sweating for no apparent reason 

- very cloudy thinking: hard to focus all the time

- seems hard to focus vision even though when I stop to think about it I can actually see just fine

- very tense muscles most of the day

- avoiding doing anything social

- intrusive thoughts about things that I would never actually consider doing

- sense of impending danger for no apparent reason

- anxiety attacks: like jolts of fear out of nowhere.

- sudden extreme fatigue: arms and legs and head get very “heavy” and somewhat tingly. sometimes I’ll just have to stop and sit down. Sometimes I’ll fall asleep for a while.

- panic attacks (adrenal glands firing for no reason) leading to hyperventilation and muscles seizing to the point my entire body could not move. I was convinced I was dying. My entire body was pins and needles. There was no pain but it was VERY uncomfortable. Went to the ER. They told me I was having a panic attack and to breath. I still didn’t believe them but was somehow able to control my breath and slow my breathing. They were right. About 20 minutes later I was just fine.

- always “checking in” on my body and mind and trying to figure out why I’m feeling any particular sensation

- the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on...........in a never ending cycle of fear and fearing fear and fearing the fear of fear.....bah!

I am still figuring this all out but I’ve gotten A LOT of help from two different sources.

1. DARE: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks Fast by Barry McDonagh.

This book has totally changed my way of seeing anxiety. I no longer fear anxiety anymore because anxiety and all of its symptoms are uncomfortable but they aren’t dangerous (I’ve had panic attacks so severe I literally thought I was dying and they never actually hurt me in any way)This removes the fear of the fear and eventually removes irrational anxiety. 

2. These videos by Dr. Harry Barry explain the same ideas in the book and just help to reinforce all of the ideas. See the YouTube link below. Watch all of his videos over and over and over. This new way of thinking about anxiety works. You realize that anxiety can’t hurt you and end up seeing it for what it is...a lie that can’t harm you. Once this really takes root in your mind anxiety begins to vanish. It won’t happen over night but it will happen if you practice these ideas.

I have to go now but I’ll check in with you guys soon. Goodnight! Good luck! You are not alone!  I love you.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I have had weak legs on and off for months, plus shaky hands, headaches been to Docs who say nothing serious its Anxiety been seeing a Counsellor for a month but not sure if it's helping or not still have few more sessions to go!!!

i have no energy, have left my job just feel nothing is easing

• Posted

Hey friend! I’ve dealt with anxiety for my entire adult life. Please believe when I tell you that the fact you deal with anxiety doesn’t mean you’re crazy. You are not alone. There are literally MILLIONS of people on the planet silently suffering just like you. 

This book has changed my entire view on anxiety and fear. I am really a transformed person because of it. It’s called Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks Fast by Barry McDonagh. Please check it out. I’m not selling anything here. Just trying to help.

I don’t fear the anxiety or panic attacks anymore because I know that they can’t hurt me. The constant fear I live in is losing power day by day. There is a path out and that path is realizing the truth and self compassion...at least for me. Everyone’s journey is different. Just know that there is hope! 

I have to go now but I’ll check back in later!

• Posted

Thanks for that will have a look for book, I'm at the point where I will try anything??🎈

• Posted

I have bought the Dare bookmbut i am finding it difficult to read as it seems to revolve a lot around panic attacks which i dont have. I have a cery hifh anxiety when waking which stays with me so much i dont ahieve much in a day.  I can still go out but prefer to stay home. Everything scares me since the beginning of this illness and to wake up feeling likemthat is awful.  Psych has tried numerous anti deps but they make me feel so ill.  He says imhave anxiety, not depression and told me to stop mirtazapine and im now only on diazepam which isnt helping the feelings much.

is there any part of the book which would help me with plain anxiety, not panic attacks?

• Posted

did you find the book and did it help.?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.