Scared it may be Lymphoma.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, It started when I got sick with a cough and phelgm and stuffy nose. Did a full blood count (CBC) and they came back normal. My doctor told me I had an infection, he checked my heart beat. I told him about this swollen lymph node and told me it has to do with the infection. I was precribed with Antibotics. I tend to touch the swollen lymph node a lot. Sometimes it'll shrink and then grow again. Is it because I keep touching them? I also have wisdom teeth that are growing and my gums were swollen. I don't know if they are related to it. Also the area around the swollen lymph node is red and it's moveable. I also have night sweats but not drenching ones. I'm just really scared.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

*also I haven't lost any weight
  • Posted

Which nodes? And how long have they been in this condition?
    • Posted

it's been recent and I only feel one lymph node at the moment. It hasn't grown in size but its still moveable.
    • Posted

Maybe a tooth infection? I had a swollen lymph node in my neck when I had a tooth infection, it stayed a couple of weeks.
    • Posted

Could wisdom teeth cause it? When they started to grow they hurted alot, but now it doesn't hurt but my gums are swollen.
    • Posted

Can be any tooth, if you have any teeth issue they can cause lymph nodes to swell. I had upper teeth issue which made a lymph near my eye swell, and again a lower tooth made a node in my neck swell.
    • Posted

what would be the night sweats then? its not drenching sweats but just my head sweats. I'm also overweight, is me be scared causing this ?
    • Posted

Panic attacks can cause sweating, and even diarrhea, I've had them many time. Try to distinguish if the sweating only appears only when you're worried or anxious, or even when you're not.
    • Posted

well i'm always thinking of the worst of this situation so maybe thats why I  could be sweating.
    • Posted

They only symptoms that really worry me is the swollen lymph node and the sweating. I don't feel tired constantly but I do sleep late. Should I stop touching my lymph node?
    • Posted

Keep touching them if you really want, I don't think it matters. Also the lymph may not go back to it's previous shape once the infection is cleared. Been 6 months since my node swoll and feeling them with my fingers I can feel leftovers, though looking at it it's not visible.
    • Posted

I feel like this well irritate the lymph node since i'm always squeezing it and moving it to make sure. Did your swollen lymph node appear reddish?
    • Posted

Not too red, but I was also touching them a lot and I thought that was making them red.
    • Posted

When do you think should I worry about this becoming something else? How long should I give this? I'm almost done my antibiotics for my cough and phylem..
    • Posted

When did it appear? Mine started to heal after about 2 weeks, but as I said 6 months on and there's still leftovers, but at least you'll know when you notice it starting to become smaller.
    • Posted

It appeared after I was sick which was around last week. I feel better now but I don't know if the antibiotics are working. At the time I was sick I couldn't talk that much because it was very low. Now everything is fine. The only thing that remains are the swollen lymph node and the sweating. My appetite is good which I eat anything, no itching, no more fever or rash.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.