Scared it may be Lymphoma.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, It started when I got sick with a cough and phelgm and stuffy nose. Did a full blood count (CBC) and they came back normal. My doctor told me I had an infection, he checked my heart beat. I told him about this swollen lymph node and told me it has to do with the infection. I was precribed with Antibotics. I tend to touch the swollen lymph node a lot. Sometimes it'll shrink and then grow again. Is it because I keep touching them? I also have wisdom teeth that are growing and my gums were swollen. I don't know if they are related to it. Also the area around the swollen lymph node is red and it's moveable. I also have night sweats but not drenching ones. I'm just really scared.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, it sounds to me like you have a gum infection for which the treatment is antibiotics.

Please finish the course of tablets that you have been given, and try not to touch the inflamed area.

• Posted

It is more likely that you have an infection in the jaw caused by your wisdom teeth, and these can only be extracted after the infection has cleared-up or risk a more serious infection spreading through your blood stream. This is why it is very important to continue with the antibiotics until such time as the course is finished.
    • Posted

"Well infections of the teeth are not like a sore throat or a chest cold or a sinus condition, which the antibiotics ressolve it. After taking the antibiotic the offending tooth is still there and the infection returns." I'm guessing its more likely the wisdom teeth to come out.
    • Posted

Then you maybe should ask yourself why the wisdom teeth have not yet been removed.

Antibiotics are not normally prescribed for colds, but I agree there can be other reasons why these are given.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck and hope it all clears-up without giving you any more problems.

• Posted

There is nothing to worry about. If you took a blood count and it came out normal then its all good. If something was really wrong with you then something would come up on the test. Anxiety and stress (worry) can cause these night sweats (or your body fighting the infection). And your sick cough, phelgm and stuffy nose are all signs of a sinus infection (or another type of infection). The more you touch your swolle lymph the more time it will take to go back to normal. The Antibiotics will kill all bacteria cells that are causing or making the infection stronger. You also mentioned your wisdom teeth growing and swollen gums (also a sign of an infection). So calm down, nothing to worry about, you were checked by a doctor. I should be the one worrying, at this moment i have, 2 swollen lymph, extreme gas and bloating, chest pain, crazy headaches, joint pain, and eye twitching. Im also on Antibiotics (the swelling comes on and off, cause im obviously always picking on it hurts less), and dizziness

So, chill out, listen to your doctor and take those Antibiotics lol... I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!

• Posted

Does it take time for it to heal after finishing antibiotics and after the infection? If so how long do you think?
    • Posted

Well it's supposed to take 24 hours to 3 days to start feeling a change. But mine took an entire week, the swollen was and is still here, but the pain has gone away. It's still kind of annoying me, maybe cause im always touching it. If your swollen glands aren't because of an infection then the antibiotics wont work. 
    • Posted

Hello, my symptoms have sorta gone away. I had a lot of coughing with phglem but that has gone away. My stuffy nose has gotten better at times. My swollen lympde node hasn't changed at all. It sometimes shrinks or feels small but other times it feels big. It's still squishy and moveable. I still do touch them. I finished taking the antibiotics last week. The week I was sick, I feel way more better after taking the antibiotics. The only symptom that has me concerned is the night sweats. It's not drenching night sweats it only happens to sweat at the forehead. Maybe I've gotten glandular fever? I feel better but still have the swollen lymph node and night sweats. No weight loss, no appetite loss. 
    • Posted

No weight and appetite loss is a good sign. Are you also suffering from anxiety, stress, or even plain ol' worrin? These might also cause the night sweats. Or yeah, maybe even glandular fever, yuh never know.
    • Posted

Yeah me too. It's horrible. I also have health anxiety...which can also create physical symptoms.
    • Posted

Im also always worried about if i have heart failure...like my breathing problems and all of that. But maybe it's all anxiety, i hope.
    • Posted

I guess you can call me a hypochondriac, I was scared I had diabetes and colon cancer last month and now I think I have lymphoma... so I don't know..
    • Posted

True. At first i thought i had cancer, heart failure, leukimia, high blood pressure, thyroid cancer or disease, brain tumor, and more. Im crazy. Sometimes I really need to chill out. My doctor is thinking that iv'e gone phsyco and crazy, like for real. She is thinks that im losing my mind. It a horrible experience. I take my mind off of it by playing computer games, watching tv, reading, and listening to music. Basically, I try to keep myself occupied. It helps. And I also think about how silly im being and needa chill out  and that it's all anxiety and stress. A lot of people are like this but...i am just taking it WAY too far. I hope we get better, soon.
    • Posted

Yes, I hope I know whats causing this. Surprisingly last night I didn't have any sweating! It maybe due to my anxiety. If I don't sweat tonight I'm going to book an appointment for this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.