Scared need reassurance

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have posted here a few times just getting a bit scared now back in January I had 3 ecgs and blood tests as I was having pain tightness in my chest all came back clear this all happened after I started taking iron tablets for anemia. Since then I have had various symptoms burping non stop all day pains under ribs and in middle just under breasts sharp pains in Upper chest a fullness and pressure in chest and stomach. I went to doctor 3 weeks ago who put me on omeprazole these don't seem to be working infact the past 5 days have been particularly bad I'm not worried it my heart again. I have never suffered with stomach issues before just started in January after taking iron tablets I have been on these for 2 months have cut down to one a day but need to take for another 2 months. Anyone else feel all these symptoms I guess I should take doctors work it's not my heart

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How they know if you have bile reflux?  I don't have any of the regular symptoms besides horseness but I do have reflux/gastritis. I have tried 4 medications with no improvement. I feel heaviness on my chest and breathing which is the only real reason I'm concerned.   Then again, why they don't check this if everything else failed?
    • Posted

My reflux has improved with Nexium but I dislike the fact using it too long and I stop it. I now use Zantac only for night. From time to time I experience heartburn and I take Gasviscon or Renie.
    • Posted

Acid suppression therapy may make things worse if you have bile reflux, I'm not sure though. If you have both acid and bile reflux, I don't know.
  • Posted

Thank you, I started again with Nexium 20mg today. Will see GI in 6 days so I hope to feel better when I see her because Nexium is the last medication I'm going to try.  Now, I did not take any medication for 10 days or so but my symptoms did not improve ( got worse) I have never taken any PPI medication for more than 60 days and that was just once. I did make an appointment with my Pulmo which I got lucky because someone cancel so I got the appointment for tomorrow.  They all think my breathing problem is anxiety with reflux, but my Phychiatrist does not agree with them. He does believe is reflux and is positional, and my anxiety makes it worse. When I lay back the problem goes away. I do have some Gasviscon just in case but it did not apear to help me because I do not have the normal symptoms I'm not sure if is helping or not. ;-(
    • Posted

Do not give up on drugs. Some drugs such as Domperidone or Ursodiol may help you. Why just for 10 days? Some drugs need to be eaten for a longer time.

• Posted

No, 10 days without the drugs not with the drugs. ;-) . I have taken Omeprazole 40mg twice daily for 60 days plus Raniditine 300mg at night all at the same time and nohting.  I took pantoprazole 40mg for 30 days (twice) and nothing. Now I started with Nexium 20mg after 10 days without the drugs.  Sometimes you have to tell the Doctor what to do next because they appear to be lost on what to do or they just say keepon taking these medications even if they are not helping.  My Gabladder was dead and I had to tell my Doctor something else was wrong which she refused to do any further testing until I told them I was changing GI's and making a complain. They did another test and found out my GB was 0% operational so they removed it. Now, based on the symptoms of Bile reflux I don't have it.  The way I see it only surgery will help because i have done evertthing I could and can't lose anymore weight. 50 pounds in 2 years. ;-(  Soon I'm going to show up on walking dead and they are going to hire me. ;-)  From Rambo to Walking dead. ;-)
    • Posted

Hi papote just reading ur comments my doc found my gall bladder was full in last examination didn't even know I had one until then I get same symptoms as you.. also doesn't seem like get reflux bad but occasional breathing difficulties / pressure maybe 3/4 a month . I haven't had any internal examinations tho, doctors are skint in uk I think. Having a blood test that's it...
    • Posted

I agree with you doctors nowadays seem dont know what to do. Very hard to find a good doctor. That is why any opinion I have to check with another doctor. Australia is fortunate that we dont have to pay for doc's fees or I will be broke. Mine is the same I have to tell them what to do for my health. Very sad but we have to keep researching and trying.
    • Posted

Hi. Not having symptoms of bile reflux may not necessarily mean that you do not have it. The fact that PPIs don't work on you may show you have bile reflux. Do a pH test or endoscopy. Indeed, some doctors won't do anything at all unless you tell them. Find a good GI, ask their patients. Search on the net and find university professors, if possible (if they see patients). If you have bile reflux, I have heard that acid suppression therapy (PPIs or H2 blockers) may make it worse.
    • Posted

I had 4 endoscopies, 1 PH plus a barium swallow and Laryngoscopy and they all show mild reflux and gastritis.   Yes, they won't do much unles you ask them which is why I had those done. ;-) Actually, I incisted and that is why they found out my gallbladder wasn't working so they removed it a few months back.  I also had a complete lab done, with included things I never had before and came out perfect.
    • Posted

Again, no links so I don't undersatnd why it wasn't posted. ;-(
    • Posted

I see... No bile reflux? Although bile reflux is hard to diagnose but in case all of your doctors agree you don't have it, then you probably don't have it. Did your problems start when you removed your gall bladder?

• Posted

It does not necessarily mean that you do not have bile reflux if you do not have all the symptoms. Please do an endoscopy to find out, consult your GI. And, if you have bile refux, PPIs may not work. If you have both acid and bile, I'm not sure.

• Posted

Sounds like your doc is more supportive than mine. I get your symtoms and there really scary. I almost went to a an e as I thought could be my heart. I had a really stressful event in my life which brought me here along with my diet lol. My son was born and had to stay in icu for first week of his life. I haven't been able to deal with things as well since then and had these problems since then.... it took me about a year to work it out... I think I'll have these problems for life or at least until I learn to relax and deal with stress and anxiety again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.