Scared that I have blood in stool or cancer

Posted , 6 users are following.

Some facts about me first: 

I'm 12

A bit overweight but I did manage to lose a few pounds with eating less fatty food and exercise more

Pretty sure no family history of any cancer, GI disorders/problem, yes

Pretty bad anxiety, been kinda stressed too

Ok, so for the past few months, I've been experiencing classic IBS symptoms and in almost all of my symptoms searching done on google, IBS shows up the most. So for like ever, I had these chunks in my stool (red and tomato skin like or food like) but however today, I was wiping and noticed a few super small red specks in my stool (I occasionally scoop up a piece of stool to investigate it, gross I know) there weren't a lot only a few that I could fine. I've been constipated for the past few days and have been straining (I just had diarrhea like a week or 2 right before, is it norms for IBS?). I also have a small cut right in the tissues around the butthole and it's STINGS when I poop or pee. I wiped and noticed a tiny trail of bright red blood, it's bright red but it's also faint because it's not bleeding a lot. Vaseline helps a lot but forgot to apply some last night. I'm not very concerned about this (I also wipe too hard most of the time too) but I'm more concerned about the red specks in my stool. So I be this worried? There's not a lot, a few specks here and there. My stool is light brown and there isn't any trace of red in the toilet water. I also have occasionally thin stool/flat. Would this be a part of IBS too? I've been feeling stressed and it kinda made my symptoms worse, Dr.Google really mess with your had sometimes. I'm having colon/rectal cancer scares because narrow stool is a symptoms. I don't also have narrow or pencil thin stool, it kinda always changes in shapes, size, color (no red or black tho, had dark brown a few times but not alot, usually light or medium). Consistency is a big one too! I don't have any weight loss, I gained one pound actually, whoops. Haven't had a fever in a long time. Loss of apetite yes, usually when I'm bloated but I usually really enjoy eating 😂.  I get frequently abdominal pain and cramps too. Lower left, lower abdomen, upper abdomen (usually with bloating). It would go away by itself but would decrease faster if i can poop. So yeah, please help, I have pretty bad health anxiety and there's state tests coming up in school. Could this be cancer?

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kaykay,

My heart truly goes out to you to be that young with these kind of issues. 

My first recommendation is to talk to your parents and then go see a doctor, I know that these are embarrassing issues but as an adult I have to say that and strongly recommend it.   

Again I think your first step is to seek medical attention, however, though I am not a doctor, it sounds like your IBS may just be caused by your diet, which is a good thing because that can be fixed easily.    How is your water intake? I was told to drink at least three bottles of water before I left the house in the morning, I am a teacher, so I assume we have a similar schedule since you're probably go to school.   I was also told to drink hot water with lemon in the morning, like 4 ounces of water with a half of a lemon squeezed into it in warm water, this helps digestion. 

As far as the blood, again I am not a doctor and recommend you see one to make sure everything is OK, but from what you are saying it sounds like it is it just a surface cut from wiping or pushing too hard when you are going to the bathroom.  The rectum and the skin around it is very sensitive and this does happen to people.   Have you tried using baby wipes? They make special ones for sensitive skin that might help since that area is irritated already. Also, I would put Neosporin in the area instead of just Vaseline that will help heal it better.

Please, I urge you to speak to an adult that you trust and go see a doctor. You had mentioned you had anxiety again all of this is something a doctor could help you with.  I know this is probably all very scary for you, but the good news is It sounds like your problems are not uncommon.  Again just from what you are saying, in my opinion, though I am not a doctor, it does not sound like these issues are anything too serious.

• Posted

I tried the lemon with water before, guess it does kinda help. I haven't been good at drinking water lately so I think maybe I should more. More fatty foods than I should eat this week. So this could be the cause of my constipation?

• Posted

One would think fatty foods would cause diarrhea but it's possible.  My acupuncturist really thinks hydration is key.  Glad the lemon water helped a little.  I'll be honest nothing has really been a "miracle fix" these little things have just been making things a bit more tolerable.  What do you drink?  I use to drink soda but being constipated, the carbonation made me feel like I was going to explode.  

Another thing I've been doing to help make the water easier to drink is I added cucumber slices ginger and mint leaves, there are a bunch of posts on Facebook for recipes,  it's suppose to be super healthy and even help you lose weight- it just makes the water taste better. 

I have also been making homemade ice pops with crystal lite and pieces of fruit in them, I bought the molds to make them on Amazon but you could even use ice trays.  Are you in the USA?

• Posted

Ok so update, I think my fissure is healing (my mom gave me some cream, she gets those cuts too sometimes) because it’s less painful and there isn’t blood, it’s still a bit tender though. The red specks is most likely what I ate because today, I don’t see them anymore. I also have a food diary but forgot to look at it before panicking. I had lots of red bell peppers, tomato, and carrots. Told my mom about my worries and luckily, my aunt is a gasterinologist (can’t spell it) or a doctor who specializes in these things. I think she became a doctor because she also suffer from IBS or maybe it’s some other GI disorder. So yea, we talked last night and she said my symptoms sound very much like IBS, I think almost same symptoms as her. But she said we would still have to check out other stuff to see if it’s something more serious. But most likely it’s would be IBS because past medical history shows some sensitivity in the bowel/colon. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE REPLIES!!!!!!
    • Posted

I am so happy to hear this, glad you guys talked and I'm so glad you're on the road to recovery.  Take advantage of the fact your aunt is a gastroenterologist, GI Dr. For short.  Please keep us posted.

• Posted

Ok so update, I think my fissure is healing (my mom gave me some cream, she gets those cuts too sometimes) because it’s less painful and there isn’t blood, it’s still a bit tender though. The red specks is most likely what I ate because today, I don’t see them anymore. I also have a food diary but forgot to look at it before panicking. I had lots of red bell peppers, tomato, and carrots. Told my mom about my worries and luckily, my aunt is a gasterinologist (can’t spell it) or a doctor who specializes in these things. I think she became a doctor because she also suffer from IBS or maybe it’s some other GI disorder. So yea, we talked last night and she said my symptoms sound very much like IBS, I think almost same symptoms as her. But she said we would still have to check out other stuff to see if it’s something more serious. But most likely it’s would be IBS because past medical history shows some sensitivity in the bowel/colon. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE REPLIES!!!!!!
    • Posted

oh and one more question, I pooped about 2 times today. It's quite "a lot" for being constipated but each time, I could only get a few small pieces and then suddenly it got a bit mushy and now I'm back with the small, kinda thin, stools. The stool was orange-brown, is this bad? I did have some orange foods like carrots. I had orange stool before and it usually last a few days but now I'm getting curious about the orange color. 

• Posted

If you ate orange coloured foods like carrots this could be the cause of orange stools.  Carrots and other orange or red vegetables  may not be digesting properly; try avoiding these foods to see if the orange stools go away.  However, you will resolve all your questions, doubts and anxieties if you ask your parents to take you to the doctor.  Doctors are the experts who will give you a diagnosis. It doesn’t matter whether they will have to do tests to rule other things out; this is how you will get proper answers.

I had gut problems three years ago, but I I went straight to my doctor when my symptoms persisted for two weeks and I couldn’t get answers on my own.  It took me three and a half long months of negative tests to get a diagnosis of IBS, however. when I finally got my diagnosis, I felt so much better.  My health anxiety and doubts disappeared and my symptoms improved dramatically.  

I strongly recommend that you see a doctor as soon as possible.  Your symptoms sound like IBS, but you will need it medically confirmed.  It is not advisable to simply assume you have a certain condition.  This forum is for advice and support only.  We cannot diagnose becsuse very few of us are doctors.  Once you have got tips here, your next step is to see  your doctor; they will do the diagnosing for you. You will feel so much better when you do this.

• Posted

Yea, thanks for always replying! It really helps at the moment. About the doctor part, my aunt is a GI doctor so that's good! She even said she's thinking about moving here so she can work here and watch over me. 

• Posted

That is good; however, you still should be registered with a regular doctor and attending their surgery and having tests to be on the safe side.  My brother is a plastic surgeon, but he would still be able to advise on other medical issues. Nevertheless, I don’t rely soley on this.  I did ask his advice when my stomach pain began, but I still went to my registered doctor at my walk-in clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.