Scared to death!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just going to apologise in advance for this very long post but I'm petrified I'm dying of undiagnosed cancer. started 2 years ago when I noticed blisters above my uvula, I went to the doctors and they diagnosed me with thrush. these blisters never cleared but I stopped worrying because the doctors wasn't concerned. Just before I gave birth to my son I started worrying about these blisters again so I attended A&E and they also said they didn't see anything concerning and sent me home. Whilst I was giving birth to my son 5 weeks ago I started throwing up blood, the midwife also wasn't concerned so didn't investigate further. Since getting out of hospital I have shown many other symptoms. I started with excruciating pains in my right shoulder blade and back and I'm also coughing up rust coloured stuff that has a funny smell to it. I attended ER last Monday and they did an ECG, a CBC and a chest X-ray but everything came back clear so they sent me home. I then went back Wednesday as I physically feel as if I'm dying and they refused to do any further tests, they told me my bloods would've detected any cancer/abnormalities and sent me to the mental health team which I really don't believe is necessary. the mental health team are telling me that they also agree with the hospital and do reckon I have health anxiety. any advice on what to do next because I really do feel that I'm dying and I'm so scared:(

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you’ve been checked out by many healthcare professionals, and they were not concerned. If you had cancer starting two years ago, you would be very ill by now.

sorry you are so worried about this but remember that our thoughts are very powerful. Fear can produce such negative thoughts that we start to believe they are true. I’ve been through this a zillion times throughout my life and I know how awful it can feel. I always thought something was seriously wrong with my health, but I let my mind to lead me down into fear, anxiety, thinking I was going to die, nothing bad ever happened.

Also, keep in mind that people get all kinds of aches and pains, and the majority of them are nothing serious.

I’m thinking that if you can get the anxiety to a manageable level, he would feel a lot better. And anxiety is known for creating negative and scary thoughts.

If you can, speak with a counselor about all of this because it can be very helpful just to vent to somebody else. The counselor can help you manage this . Otherwise, you will end up just getting countless testing done and will most likely tell you they can’t find anything wrong. Feel free to private message me anytime!

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. Your concerns about your health are understandable, and it's important to address any symptoms that are causing you distress.

If you are still feeling worried despite the clear results from your tests and the assessments from medical professionals, it might be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another doctor. They may be able to offer a different perspective or suggest additional tests that could help ease your worries.

In the meantime, it's also important to address your mental health and manage any feelings of anxiety or panic that you may be experiencing. Mindfulness, deep breathing, exercise, and therapy can all be effective ways to manage symptoms of anxiety and promote overall wellbeing.

Remember that seeking help and taking care of your mental health is a sign of strength, not weakness, and it's important to prioritize your health and wellbeing.

• Edited

Have them test you for Helicobacter Pylori (H Pylori)

Symptoms:

Dull or burning pain in your stomach (more often a few hours after eating and at night). Your pain may last minutes to hours and may come and go over several days to weeks.

Unplanned weight loss.

Bloating.

Nausea and vomiting (bloody vomit).

Indigestion (dyspepsia).

Burping.

Loss of appetite.

Dark stools (from blood in your stool)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.