Scared to take topamax for migrane prevention

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone take topamax for migrane prevention? does it work ? how bad are the side effects ?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This drug has been through many many safety test, research and trials before it was given a license for the use in epilesy, and then again before it was given a license for migraine use. If it was such a dangerous drug as pp is suggesting then it would never be on the market. I believe this to be their unfortunate experince of this drug, and like many only reach out to forums when things are going wrong or are new.

Their are thousands of people happily using this drug without any problems, it they were, it would have been investigated and withdrawn a long time ago .

• Posted

thank you for this i appreciate your responses ! will keep you all posted

• Posted

most people who take medications dont understand how dangerous they are have you ever watched a commercial for a medication that has no side effects . if you really think about what we put in our body you would think twice. our bodies were made to naturally heal themselves. not to pop a pill and mask the situation. i have come off all medications. topimarate, amitriptilene, propanolol. i used to have 2-3 hemiplegic migraines a month. now i have about 5 a year. also when i have a migraine there are no stroke symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.