Scarf and Akin Osteotomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm living in Sydney Australia and find it hard getting soft well padded shoes to wear after having the scarf and akin osteotomy done last June 24. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know where is the best place buying them? Maybe the people in England may be able to give me a website for them, which would be nice. What have you been wearing since your operation? My foot is fairly swollen, red and sore.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi goanna, I got to take my flashy shoe off yesterday and walking in normal shoes, still very stiff and swollen, how long was it for you before it started to feel ok? Booked in for other foot on the 19th December. Amanda in NZ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.