Scary sensation

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Have any of you experienced this burning/dull sensation between your shoulder blades and in the middle of your chest? It came on me suddenly while I was picking my kids up from school. I hadn't eaten in a while and as soon as I got home I ate something which helped. I took a prilosec and an Alleve which also helped a bit. But it was so scary at first especially since I was with my kids. I just kept praying, Lord just let me make it home. Anyone else get this?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i developed this a year ago suddenly after taking antibiotics and ibuprofen on an empty stomach during a root canal. worst most alarming pain ever. thought there was a hole in my esophagus and stomach. burning in chest, throat and back on left side. even had sharp pain in arm and up to chin from it. feels like a heat attack. worse when laying down. took prilosec for 6-7 months. weaned off it very gradually over several weeks because doing so suddenly makes your reflux worse! had an endoscopy. normal! dont worry its not life threatening just scary feeling 😃 i dont have it at all anymore and i stay away from NSAIDS.

• Posted

My first bout of gatritis reflux was after a strong course of antibiotics and NSAIDs

the burning was incredibly painful reaching my throat and the adjacent lymphnodes! oh my God was terrible and scary!I though I had esophagus and stomach cancer!

Prisolec made my reflux worse, too.

I am stay away from antibiotics and Nsaids,

• Posted

during those seven months I was desperate and looked up every herbal remedy and diet plan. I think the only thing that worked was weaning off the Prilosec and vowed no pills on an empty stomach and TIME. I tried adjusting my diet to a lower reflux and fodmap diet and even gave up coffee for a while and nothing really helped. 3 weeks after off the prilosec i was back to normal

• Posted

I've tried absolutely everything hun I now no what to eat and drink so it doesn't trigger it off x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.