sciatica pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi friends,

First I had heel and feet pain. Then went up to my knees. The doctors were giving treatment for RA. Later on my request doctor allowed me to take MRI scan came to know. I have Osteoarthritis knees. Severe swelling in my knees keep taking fluid out bit no relief. This went on. Now since one month have Sciatica pain so the doctor asked me to take x-ray and found that now I also have spine spondylitis. I am so very depressed. Can't walk. Both knees and my back. Right now decided to take some herbal medicines and ti try going to kairo practitioner. Please pray for me

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Chiropractor is my personal #1 way to get rid of sciatica. This is very common in knee replacement patients. As we change our gait to avoid the pain, we throw out our spine and hips, lock the SI joints, make one leg shorter than the other because of the hip misalignment and more. Very common. Got mine at 5 weeks; took my chiro a months to get me past it. Once the realignment holds, you'll be fine. This may help...

Other Post-TKR Pain

Meanwhile... Voltaren Gel (RX in the US, generic dicofenac elsewhere...check for interactions) is a great topical anti-inflammatory and can be used during the day and then especially at bedtime.

• Posted

Hi Ann I had spondilytis and, 5 Yr ago had a fusion on the spine c3/4 4/5 5/6 6/7 "best thing I ever had yes it clunk's occasionally but pain free. Had tkr on left knee 12 months ago and tkr on right knee, 2 months ago. Knew what to expect this time so was prepared with meds ice and excercise. So much easier this time still painful but tolerable no canes since,, 3 weeks sleep average 6 hrs a night paracetamol only meds before bed. Driving OK and doing 5k on my bike every day. Still got a long way to go to catch up with my first tkr but well worth it. Stiffness will continue for quite a few months and then without realising it no more

Its a brutul op but give it time and all will be much better. Chin up x

• Posted

wow! i feel for u bc i know alot about that knee pain sad to say. i just had my 3rd knee surgery in a yr! ur in my prayers & i really hope you get some relif soon! God bless you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.