Sdp

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was on income support with disabilty premium from 2005 which automatically changed over to income related esa support group in 2015.i am also on middle rate care and higher rate mobility dla since 2006., live alone and nobody has ever claimed care allowance for me On visiting cab this wk for help with filling in forms because my dla is finishing and i have to claim pip. What is sdp.. I have never heard of it. Thanks ks

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kim

Phew ....Im so happy for you and happy I was right 😂.

Enjoy and treat yourself it's money you're entitled to.

Just to clarify 're savings the back pay you receive will not be regarded as capital by the dept as it should've been paid over time and wasn't.

There should be a paragraph in the letter you receive- which you need to keep as proof of asked in the future.

Anyway that's nothing to worry about..

Celebrate and enjoy yourself.

All the best

Wendy xx

• Posted

Hi Wendy thanks, so do i need to notify anybody ie housing Benifit that

i have recieved this money. Thanks Kim

• Posted

Hi Kim

I'm not an expert on housing and council tax benefit as local authorities vary in how much you can have in savings depending on your council a bit like how much the full council tax differs.

Your letters from HB/CB should let you know how much it is where you live.

If this payment takes you over that amount you should let them know about this back dated payment and send a copy of the letter as it will be disregarded in full.

It's best to do that as banks etc share info with the local authorities.

Take care

Wendy x

• Posted

Ok thenks Wendy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.