Searching for answers..... 6 weeks post A&P repairs and still have cystocele bulge 😩

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know I have spoken too some of you already but just wondering how everyone is getting on? 

At 6 weeks I would have hoped the bulge would have receded but it seems too be becoming more noticeable as my activity levels are increasing 

I have been really good rested up 4 weeks solid, no heavy lifting, gradually increasing activity, doing pf’s 

I just don’t know what too do I have already had 2 surgery’s in 7months can’t handle anymore but can’t stay uncomfortable either I’m on 33 with 3 children, it’s not fair 😪

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI x I’m 2.5 week post op and have an 18mnth old and two teenagers. Finding it hard to do nothing ! I have just started to do a bit of walking just half an hour but I can then feel it more so am just going to go back to just sitting there . It says in the information they gave me that some people go back to work part time at 3 /4 weeks ! 

I am off work until the end of may and hope it all settles down and is just swelling x 

• Posted

Hi Chloe

I know how you feel.I had repair 2 years ago for anterior wall and for me it failed in the early weeks. I believe it was the surgeon not me as I did nothing for 6 weeks. I am now 11 wks tvh and anterior repair and I feel a bit of feeling in the front so I've decided to have him check me over at 12 wks post op. I have a professor now and feel I have been fixed but after last one in very paranoid. Thing is with these repairs the failure rate is high. Please see your consultant if you are still worried hun,he will know what's what and will give you piece of mind.hugs hunx

• Posted

The failure rate is HIGH? !

OH MAN

due for rectoceles repair Aug 7

Scared as heck. I have 4 months worth of wages saved up and then I need to be back at work...no lifting.

• Posted

Chloe,

I’m 8 weeks post A&P repair and i have a visible bulge.  I only see the doctor again in 3 more weeks so I’m trying to be patient and not freak out.  I’m praying your surgery was a success.  

• Posted

Hi restless

Have you had your appointment yet? I hope your feeling more human now lol. I'm wondering do we ever feel back to normal after having to get used to a new us.xx

• Posted

I had an A&P repair last May (plus a vaginal hysterectomy and sacrospinous fixation). I stil have a bulge, but have been reassured that my prolapses are all fixed. The ridge like bulge is apparently the urethra! It’s still uncomfortable but I’m not sure what can be done, I’m doing pelvic floor exercises and am waiting to see a physio. I have slight stress incontinence, my main reason for opting for surgery initially, and am very reluctant to have more. 

Hope your appointments go well. 

😃

• Posted

Hi Chloe

I am 6 weeks too. I am too apprehensive to check if there is a bulge because if there was one I would worry. I have a post op consult at 9 weeks so I hope by then a lot of the swelling will have settled.  If I walk for more than 5 mins I feel the weight and lack of support of the anterior wall and that is scary as that is one of the main reasons why I went round for the third time.

I can understand your feelings though that it's not fair. I think we all share that feeling with you. 

• Posted

Hi peta

How are you feeling? Have you had any appointment yet?

Please let me know how you are feeling now.x

• Posted

Hi Chloe. Have you got a post op booked?  If so maybe you could bring it sooner. If not can you get a check up at your GP. I think you should really try to get checked to get facts. It is so easy to worry and be convinced about something when you’re unsure. It may all be ok and s normal part of your recovery. It might be that now you are more active the swelling is worsening.  Unless you see someone you won’t know. In the meantime try to rest up when you can. 12 weeks is the more realistic recovery time. I realise that is had at your age with 3 kids. I am a week behind you and still feeling swelling. More on days I am more active. I know for sure I am way off being normal again. 
    • Posted

Yes me too..still not fully normal in the vag dept😂😂😂 strange fall out feeling and I'm 11 wks tomorrow😑😑😑

• Posted

Hi Ange 

Yes o do seeing him next week but I know from experience of surgeons he will say too early too tell, I just want some straight answers so I can move forward and stop speculating about what it could or couldn’t be 😩😪 xx

• Posted

I’m next Thursday let’s hope we both get some good news 🙏🏻 Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.