Searching for answers..... 6 weeks post A&P repairs and still have cystocele bulge 😩

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know I have spoken too some of you already but just wondering how everyone is getting on? 

At 6 weeks I would have hoped the bulge would have receded but it seems too be becoming more noticeable as my activity levels are increasing 

I have been really good rested up 4 weeks solid, no heavy lifting, gradually increasing activity, doing pf’s 

I just don’t know what too do I have already had 2 surgery’s in 7months can’t handle anymore but can’t stay uncomfortable either I’m on 33 with 3 children, it’s not fair 😪

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am so sorry. 😔 I get scared of the same thing happening. I am 3 weeks post op today so I can’t answer anything beyond that but I know a lot of people are saying 12 weeks. 

• Posted

Your way to early to telling its failed.. Wait 12 wks before getting checked if you can wait that long. Otherwise book and get answers.worrying is just awful. I know because I've done it many times.xx

• Posted

Hi all! 

Really pleased with my appointment today he has assured me 100% no prolapse 

The bulge is the end of stitch line if causes too many problems can be removed in day surgery 

I still have allot of stitches inside, which will take 3 months too dissolve 

My constipation is a concern as he said will put allot of pressure on repairs which will make me feel prolapsed so really need too  get on top of that 

He said he was genuinely surprised at the results of the surgery he was expecting with my tissue laxity that it wouldn’t have held as well as it has 😊 xx

• Posted

I'm thrilled for you hun. Me too all is wonderful and he is so pleased with the surgery..his words were the surgery was of great success!! I am still taking movicol which gives me soft regular bowels.xx

• Posted

Hi Chloe

How are you feeling now? Do you still feel bulge in the vagina?

Can you describe to me what you saw wh e. You looked with mirror.

I don't know my own bits anymore and what's normal? It's driving me mad lo l. I do get a slight burning feeling when I do my pelvic floor so I may be squeezing to much or doing too many.. Thanks hunx

• Posted

Hiya 

I’m feeling really good 

Very rarely feel the bulge now unless I insert my finger which I am doing of an evening too run Vit e oil 

It looks like a fleshy lump with a stitch line through the middle surgeon said I can have removed in day surgery if it gives me bother so we shall see 

Hope your ok xx

• Posted

Is The bulge on the back wall? I just see a thick back wall entrance but I think it's normal for me the size of entrance to back wall I mean.

I do feel quite low in urethra area but I know this is normal in ladies who have had surgery and childbirth.Any advice pleasexx

• Posted

Brilliantly news. I have been wondering  about both of your this week as I am only a week behind with my check up and had same anxiety/fears. I am 7.5 weeks  now and feeling so much better. More active in the day and not as uncomfortable in the evening. Slight swelling stillbut not anything let 2weeks ago. Sometimes I even forget I’ve had the op. Fingers crossed fingers the same news on Monday.  
  • Posted

Ps Excuse spelling!  Autocorrect 🙄. Did you have any advise for what you can / can’t do now. Housework? Exercise? Activity?  Lifting, bending?  Etc

• Posted

Hi Ange

I am 12 wks now and still don't bend at waist. I bend my knees but I have a grabber I use to pick up light things but still very cautious. I don't lift anything only really light things. I won't lift a kettle either yet as I'm not mentally happy doing it..

He told me no running,weights or high impact workouts.. Walking,swimming and cycling is gentle and great.. Anything that puts downward pressure isn't good for repairs. The first 6 weeks of rest is paramount for long term success which makes sense doesn't it. I had tvh and anterior repair and it can take 12 months for all internal healing to finish.. We really have no idea the amount of pulling,pushing,cutting and sewing is involved do we.

I wish you health and a great success hun. Rest as much as you can,I'm 50 slim and very healthy other than my anatomical displacements lol. Huh ourselves we are brave 🚺xx

• Posted

Thanks for that. I have done a lot of running, weights yoga and Pilates in the past which has obviously made everything worse. I miss them.  Also 50 slim and fairly fit. I changed to cycling and swimming after my diagnosis and that didn’t aggravate my symptoms as much so I will start them as soon as I get the nod from the surgeon. Thanks for that. X 
    • Posted

Pilates and yoga are still great exercises, just be careful doing any moves that put downward pressure on your pelvic floor. 

Core stability is hugely important to us all. 😃

• Posted

I start back swimming next week which will be gentle but good toning also.

I think the most important thing is being knowledgeable about the exercise we do and choosing the right teacher who is well experienced in pelvic floor health. I myself would be very nervous doing Pilates but that's just my personal choice. I hope your doing well sheila. I was th I king of you the other day.x

• Posted

Chloe and Welshgirl - I am so glad to hear that both of you had good reports!  I am four weeks out today and hope you know how much I have appreciated the journey you have shared on this site - it has helped me navigate some fairly difficult days!  Thanksfully my physician put me off work through the six week mark instead of the planned return at four weeks - no where near ready at this point!  Still very tired and needing to do a lot of resting...ALL stitches still in place per exam on Monday this week and she feels all is healing well...except that we have apparently ticked off my obturator muscles by the TOT sling which is causing terrible inner thigh and groin pain...related to nerves irritated by the sling.  We hope it will be transient - but I have done some research and learned that this can sometimes lead to permanent issues - I pray that isnt’ the situation in my case - in the meantime have been told to stay on round the clock anti-inflammatory meds and use pain med if it gets too bad.  

I am so glad you ladies have received good news!!!!

• Posted

Bless you ED2018. I hope you start feeling more yourself soon.

Please seek help if it doesn't get better after 12 wks mark. Hugsxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.