Searching for answers..... 6 weeks post A&P repairs and still have cystocele bulge 😩

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know I have spoken too some of you already but just wondering how everyone is getting on? 

At 6 weeks I would have hoped the bulge would have receded but it seems too be becoming more noticeable as my activity levels are increasing 

I have been really good rested up 4 weeks solid, no heavy lifting, gradually increasing activity, doing pf’s 

I just don’t know what too do I have already had 2 surgery’s in 7months can’t handle anymore but can’t stay uncomfortable either I’m on 33 with 3 children, it’s not fair 😪

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just had my 7 1/2 week check. All repaired successfully  but to expect aching and swelling for a while longer after busier days. This will gradually reduce. Given the thumbs up to resume exercise and housework but not to strain or lift heavy things. What a relief. 😁

• Posted

Just had my 10.5 check up.  Everything looks great, according to my doctor.  I am continuing PT for as many more weeks as insurance will cover and doing kegels. I can resume all activities including picking up my 30 lb daughter.  (But in all reality, I won’t be doing that because I’m too afraid!!).  Doc says things should be getting back to normal, but may have some swelling or feeling of fullness/dragging after a very busy day.  He said I should consider a pessary for days I know will involve lots of walking or standing or if I want to do some more aerobic type of exercise.  
    • Posted

Great news all round today. 30 pounds😲. I was told 10kgs. 

• Posted

I know!!  Seems a bit reckless to carry 30 lbs in my opinion!  I’m not doing it but am sharing what he said in case others have gotten similar advice.
    • Posted

Sheila,

I had a cystocele (stage 3), rectocele (stage 2), enterocele (stage 1) and repair of perineum. My uterus was also falling but not enough that he wanted to suspend it at this time—more like a stage 1.   Basically everything was falling out!  I did not use mesh- just A&P repair, which apparently (along with PT) has lifted up my uterus too!  I have gone through many ups and downs and a few weeks ago saw a bulge I was sure was a rectocele again. But doc redid all the measurements today and I’m at a stage 0 on all the prior prolapsed organs.  Woohoo!  But, I’ve still been having fullness or dragging feeling after a busy day.  Doc said it’s similar to getting swollen feet at the end of a long run—normal reaction to increased activity and the area is still recovering from surgery.  It made me feel a bit better. 

• Posted

A 30lb child is very different to lifting a 30lb ‘weight’. A little person can distribute their weight, wrapping their legs and arms around you. 😃 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.