Second bout of diverticulitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am brand new to this site, but so glad I found it! I am on my second bout of diverticulitis in a year, it always happens at the holidayssad stress maybe? Went to urgent care put me on IV drip left with 2 antibiotics ( Cipro, Flagyl( make me so nauseous) stomach is distended. Took Metamucil just in the past two weeks because I thought it would help with my digestive system and then I get this flare up!! Would this have caused my flare up?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you taking a probiotic?  If not, might want to try a really good one - especially when taking antibiotics.  Can really help calm the digestive system.  

• Posted

Thanks Dee, no I am not. I have Align, is that a good one?
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,  Not sure how align is ranked as far as probiotics.  I know you want one with several different strains and millions of something rolleyes  I did a lot of research on line and came up with the top ones and then ordered that.  It has helped especially when I was taking the antibiotics, although I am still struggling with some of my IBS and anxiety.  I was very anxious about not having regular BM because doctor said to avoid constipation.  Finally got somewhat regular after getting on more solid foods.  I also just restarted my Fibercon fiber supplement.  Good Luck!  I worry about getting through the holidays without problems as I will be traveling.  My doctor did give me antibiotics to have with me just in case I needed them.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.