Second time being on Celexa

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello everyone i have recently just started my second time on celexa and i dont remember having side effects like this the first time. my doctor had taken me off and put me on prozac and i had told her i was not a fan of how prozac made me feel so she had me go back on celexa and the only side affect i have been feeling is like spaced out and having to really concentrate on things i did not really have to before. it almost feels like you go all day without your glasses and when im around people i just feel disconnected

has anyone else felt like this?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Edited

i found the side effects a lot worse 2nd time around and it does take longer to recover but u do get there

• Posted

Hi Lexi,

This is my 3rd time at cit 10mg.

I have found it an altogether different experience this time around. For a start, it has taken a lot longer to stabilise. Am on week 13 and really only recently have stabilised a bit more. Still get very shaky symptoms, a bit of racing heart now and again. Yesterday was knackered because of work, and the cit just made me feel out of it and disconnected. Thankfully better today.

Week 9 was horrible, felt really depressed again.

So yes, what you're describing sounds totally normal to me x

• Posted

Did you have the shakeing before you went on it at all, I have internal treamberling since April this year, had a mini break down, I am week 5 now 15mg from yesterday, still waking up rapid heartbeats and treamberling, also have it around tea time I will keep going second time on it for me

• Posted

Yes, I did. Still get occasional rapid heart at 13 weeks of 10mg, but it's settling down. You will stabilise. Don't forget, if you increase dose, you might get side effects again, but it will settle x

• Posted

Hi Lexi, yes I have had a different experience with celexa this time around, my doctor thinks its to do with my menopause that has made me really sensitive to meds.

• Posted

i was on it for 2 years then i got sick from sewer gas and she switched to prozac i hated thatso she put me on celxa 40 mg than i had a anxity attack about a week ago and since than i havent felt myself.

• Posted

could it have been a blip?that you experience.it may also be that 40 milligrams is too high.i know when i was on 20 i felt horrible.but as soon as i drop to ten every side effects started subsiding

and eventually i recovered on ten milligrams.

• Posted

Hi Lois, do you still get anxiety like waking with panic or having bad days with it. I know I've had a rough time with it this year but I was doing so well but I've wobbled a bit over the last few weeks, its no where near as bad as it was but I'm scared about it getting bad again. I must have gone a good nine weeks with no anxiety so its awful experiencing it again at the moment.x

• Posted

i have not experience bad panics upon waking.but i have experience two bad blips in the two an a half years i have been on celexa .one blip lasted three weeks and the other like a month.

• Posted

and just because you are having long lasting blips does not mean to up your dosage .i didnt up i stay on same dosage and still on same dosage.

• Posted

Thank you Lois, I certainly dont want to go up a dose again and that fact that I had nine good weeks I'm hoping that it means that its working. I keep trying to tell myself that its just a blip, I dont know whats caused it though.x

• Posted

that's just how these medicine works .it doesn't mean that they are not working.hang on there gamma Nine weeks ?it certainly is working

• Posted

i was on 20 for the first two weeks then my phychiatrist dropped me to 10 and been on 10 for 2 1/2 years.

• Posted

Thank you Lois, I wish that over here in the Uk we could access a phsychiatrist. I think its so hard when we have to rely on our doctors, we're lucky if we see the same doctor twice let alone seeing one who has a good knowledge on mental health. Thats why I have found this forum a life saver because i can talk to others who understand and have experience.x

• Posted

i totally understand .but that happens everywhere with doctors.they haven't a clue.it happened to me the general practitioner had me on a guinea pig run with ssris.until one day she said she couldn't help me any longer that i needed to see a phychiatrist best thing that happened to me.iam so glad she made tye decision on the phychiatrist . because the doctor had me going insane with the different changes in meds it was horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.