Second time being on Celexa

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello everyone i have recently just started my second time on celexa and i dont remember having side effects like this the first time. my doctor had taken me off and put me on prozac and i had told her i was not a fan of how prozac made me feel so she had me go back on celexa and the only side affect i have been feeling is like spaced out and having to really concentrate on things i did not really have to before. it almost feels like you go all day without your glasses and when im around people i just feel disconnected

has anyone else felt like this?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Went on it to help my internal treamberling, hasn't done a thing for them week 6 10mg,, updose to 15mg 3 days ago

• Posted

Hi, this is my second time on citalopram too, i recovered last time on 20mg and i then went down to 10mg for five years and i did great, i just wish i hadnt stopped them. This time i'm on 30mg and i'm having many more good days that bad days but i still get disheartened when i have moments of panic, it offsets me for days. I do feel like its taking longer to work this time but I'm too afraid to go up to 40mg. I just long to get better.

• Posted

You will, Gemma. Just keep going. I dont think you should increase dose, just keep it stable. And this isn't popular but if it makes you wobble, I'd seriously not touch alcohol. You can do that later down the line, when you've forgotten you were ever depressed 😉

• Posted

Thank you Ruth, and yes I wont go up a dose, I 'll stick where i am and just hope its just a blip. I hope you're doing ok too.x

• Posted

Hi Gemma, I seem to have a different take on increasing meds. My doctors continually increased my meds and had me on two anti depressants, to the point that my emotions were numb. Its healthy to feel different emotions, its how we deal with them thats the key. As I was tapering off my meds and started to feel again, it taught me that Meds are a support, and I had to learn how to deal with lifes ups and downs. It hasnt been easy at all and at times its hell and has taken me a long time. my message to you is stick with the dose a while longer, blips do not mean they are not working. hope what I said makes sense, am in withdrawal at the moment so up and down myself.

• Posted

Thank you Paula, it does make sense what you say. I'm finding that I can calm myself better now but its when it catches me off guard, it can take me a few days to settle again.x

• Posted

hi sorry to gatecrash but ive been back on 20mg for 18 days felt ok to start with but now feeling really anxious again ? does it work second time around . Prepared to be patient but just looking for a light at the end.

• Posted

It does work well the second time around. I'm on it for the second time, but it does take time. I was a good four months in before I noticed a big difference, I'm now six months in and I OCCAsionally get blips but I'm much better than I was. I'm bouncing back better so you will too, just hang in there.x

• Posted

Thanks Gemma,

I guess I'm still at the getting worse before it gets better stage , the mornings are the worst. x

• Posted

The morning anxiety was the last thing to stop for me, so now when i have a moment of anxiety it seems to be when something has triggered it during the day and it leaves me feeling a little unerved for a few days after. I suppose its the dread and fear of it coming back. But I'm six months on from hitting rock bottom when i didnt feel like there was a way out. So even though I can still get a little anxiety I am still a long way from where I was. You will get there but it will take time. I still think I'm on the road to recovery but I've got over this once before so we can all do it again. Just this time I wont come off the citalopram when I'm feeling better.x

• Posted

Yup just got to tell myself it will work again !!! x

• Posted

im on 30mg and last time i got better on 20mg then reduced to 10mg which i stayed on for four years. I dont like been on thirty as i often feel a bit numb. When I feel like ive recovered Iwill taper down to a lower dose like I did last time, thats my plan anyway.x

• Posted

Hi Gemma, its good to hear that you are feeling much better, hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.