Seeping position

Posted , 6 users are following.

Before I was diagnosed a couple of months ago, I was waking up at 4 am, unable to get enough air, having to sit up or get up. I've now got 2 different preventer inhalers as well as ventolin, however still slept propped up on 4 pillows but recently my shoulders and neck have been going mad so tried sleeping normal, and have been pretty much ok however a couple of times have woken up feeling not enough air so I have turned over to lay on my tummy & this has helped dramatically! Any ideas as to why?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That should be Sleeping position,  can't find how to edit post redface
  • Posted

I can't help you there, my tummy is too big to sleep on!   I've also found sleeping on 2 pillows is bad for my neck and shoulders but apart from when I had pneumonia not long ago it's rare for me to wake up breathless since I've been on 2 inhalers - spiriva and symbicort.

• Posted

Must admit I've been much better since the 2 inhalers but last night and the night before was bad, until I turned over. Wish I had spiriva, it seems to work so well for so many! I have Seebri breezhaler & serevent. Thanks Jude,keep well
    • Posted

Don't know Jude, just taking what the GP has prescribed...I'm sticking with what I have until after holidays & then going back to Gp & asking him about it as it seems to work well for so many .
    • Posted

The inhaler names you mention aren't familiar to me so I can't compare them with Spiriva, which according to the packaging is tiotropium.  One of yours may be the same thing anyway but under a different brand name?

It's different to ventolin for asthma, not used when breathless but just once a day in the morning as a preventative.    The other inhaler I use is Symbicort which is a cortisone, and that's twice a day.   I've found that one almost miraculous in preventing the night time coughing which used to exhaust me

• Posted

That will be why he hasn't prescribed it to me.As I'm just on the very top end of moderate,78% he doesn't want to give me steroids yet. I'm going back after my holidays to ask for it! No air going in my lungs and with chronic rhinitis , no air going in through my nose either= no breath !,

Thanks Jude

• Posted

Hi ,I was taken off Spireva by consultant last year ,and put onto a tablet Montelukast ,but that didn't suit. Me so I'm now back on the Spireva,
    • Posted

Hi  I have rhinitis ( hay fever ) I've used beconase nasal spray for years,and it helps me 
    • Posted

It's double trouble isn't it Nanny. I have beconase, used it daily for about 30 years. GP recently prescribed me something different, more modern and stronger, didn't work for me, so back on the beconase. I've recently bought a nasal rinse kit from amazon. It is definitely helping, however I am certainly not going to use it in the communal washrooms when camping lol. I'll do it in private in my tent...feel I will have to as knowing my luck there will be a field of rapeseed very near & that just closes my nose up completelycry. Just a bit concerned as I won't have a microwave to sterilise it. It seems a lot of copd sufferers have nasal problems as well , take care and easy breathing smile
    • Posted

Lol ,,,,we all seem to have nasal problems along with lung etc,,,,all we want to do is Breathe haha, 

hope you mange to sniff well and avoid the rapeseed ,,,,,best wishes 

• Posted

Why did you go off the Spiriva, if you don't mind me asking?
    • Posted

Hi Jude ,sorry I have no idea ,,,the consultant thought I would be better on Montelukast ,,,,sadly I wasn't ,,,so told my GP I wasn't happy and had stopped taking Montelukast so he put me back on Spireva, on a recent visit to consultant ,he suggested I take this other tablet ,,,,but I haven't been prescribed it by GP as yet ,I'll keep you informed on any progress or lack of,,,,if it's anything like the Montelukast ,,,,I won't be on it for long haha,take care,
    • Posted

Don't you just love how these people stop and start substances in our bodies with no explanation?   I guess we all have to learn to ask why, assuming we can get them to even listen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.