Seeping position

Posted , 6 users are following.

Before I was diagnosed a couple of months ago, I was waking up at 4 am, unable to get enough air, having to sit up or get up. I've now got 2 different preventer inhalers as well as ventolin, however still slept propped up on 4 pillows but recently my shoulders and neck have been going mad so tried sleeping normal, and have been pretty much ok however a couple of times have woken up feeling not enough air so I have turned over to lay on my tummy & this has helped dramatically! Any ideas as to why?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I find either sleeping on my back with 2 pillows under my head and a small pillow

under my knees or on my side the best positions for me, again, sleep positions as

with pretty well anything else being discussed here, are a distinctly individual choice

and vary greatly from person to person. 

• Posted

That's how I've always slept too terri, until I turned over & found it helped me & I can't think why! The only reason I can think of is redface, I had breast cancer & the b**b that had breast cancer has developed fluid as a result of the treatment...& I'm thinking it's the weight on my lungs, I know! It sounds silly but it's the only reason I can think of as to when I turn over my air intake seems to improve!

Thanks terri & breathe easy

• Posted

Hi Kayc,I hope you don't mind me asking ( my friend is having the same problem after her breast cancer ) have they told you why this happening and what they are doing about it ,my friend goes three times a week to have it drained and packed ,

I know this copd etc ,but your comment caught my eye, 

• Posted

Thank you ,I would have done that ,,,but sadly I don't know how to ,
    • Posted

Nanny, I have sent you a message. To send a private message you will see an envelope on the post, just click on that. To access private messages, go to the top of the page, you will see your user name, then how many points you have and then an envelope, if you click on the envelope you can access the private messages people have sent you, that is if you are using a computer, if you are using a tablet the set up may be different. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Not entirely sure kayc123 if it was you or jude65855 when I made the comment to

not sweat the small stuff I was actually, tongue in cheek, making reference to a

book of the same name!  It wasn't a personal affront to you! 

• Posted

I think it was jude,terri. That's the trouble with writing on line, you can't see the spark of humour in the persons eyes wink I certainly took no offence smile
  • Posted

Hi ,sleeping can be a problem ,and it's different for us all,I to have tried lots of pillows and often thought about buying a bed rest ( like in hospital ) but my hubby wasn't impressed about that ,but now I've bought memory foam pillows I use one of them and a softer one ,early days ,,but so far so good, 

night ,sleep tight ,

• Posted

Hope it continues to work for you Nanny. I really have been trying all sorts as have 2 camping trips booked & a holiday abroad to Rhodes. Not so concerned now as getting used to inhalers, will just use my ventolin as much as needed. I bought some memory foam pillows for my hubbie when he had neck problems, he hated them so stored them away...I will get them back out & try them
    • Posted

Hi ,so jealous of holiday arrangements to Rhodes,I haven't been allowed to fly abroad for the last 4 years due to my oxygen levels to low even with suplymentary oxygen,but I'm enjoying holidays in uk, 

the pillows I got are the memory foam full pillow and one of the neck shaped ones ,

Have a great holiday ,best wishes ,and use your ventalin as and when you need it .

• Posted

Just to add to this conversation, I have packed lots of pillows for our camping adventure...however can't pack the ceiling fan sad I'll probably be able to get air if I open the bedroom door & just leave the mesh door in place ...( so the mice can't get in smile ). Putting a tent up and using a foot pump to blow airbeds up is easy isn't it guys eek.  I've done it for years however this is the first time since I have been diagnosed & a bit wary, especially since we are going with my daugher, hubby & 3 young grand-children, who are actually very caring . Hoping to get lot'sof exercise in...wish me luck biggrin
    • Posted

Seems to me getting the beds sorted will be an ideal job for the grandchildren ,,,( if their old enough ) you could set it as a task ,the first one gets a £1 the second 50 p etc. they'd probably enjoy it ,same goes for getting the water etc ,haha,,,have to say glad it's you going camping not me ,,,,,I'm not for bugs in my bed etc ,haha, but I hope you have a fab time ,,,ps,,,don't forget your medication ,have fun, 
    • Posted

I've got all my inhalers ready Nanny and my plan was to get them to pump the beds up, I'm excited but nervous if that makes sense. The campsite is at the top of a steep steep hill, the coast is at the bottom. Intend to walk down and get the bus back up cool, trouble is we are intending eating bbq food most nights, packed a jumper with a roll neck collar to put over my face if it get's smoky, thanks for your reply smile
    • Posted

That's camping for you ,,,,,smoke ,hills ,toilets miles away ,,ants in the bed ,,,I could go on ,needless to say I'm not a happy camper but would do it willingly to be with my grandaughter haha,,,,,I hope you have an amazing time ,,,enjoy, keep well and don't over do those hills,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.