seizure type activity only during onset of sleep or during sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have have history of depression and severe anxiety. It started in 2010 when my mom was diagnosed with Lung cancer and passed away within 4 months a day after my birthday. I'm have been experiencing severe cramping and spasm on my left side only when I'm about to fall asleep and during sleep. I feel like I'm possesed. I have no control of my muscle spasms at all. It's frustrating, I'm tired and my psych is going through radiation for breast cancer so I have like no one to turn to. I'm taking my same regimen of medications. I'm at a lost. I wake up every morning sore and tired. Does anyone go through this or have any idea what's happening. I'm at a breaking point😭😭😭

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm guessing your seeing a neurologist? MRI or a view taken of your brain? I have been for seizures that started in 2012 from a brain injury. Panic attacks and major anxiety followed. Taking a combination of Tegretol xr for the seizures 1100mg, 20-40 mg of fluoxetine and klonopin for sleep. Get the right Dr who can help who specializes for each. Prayer's.
    • Posted

I do I have seizure disorder. Never dx'd with epilepsy. I don't have a current neurologist. I do have a Dr that specializes in seizures but he can't help me. He told me to see a neuro. I'm currently taking zonegran 200 mg and klonopin 1mg at night and effexer 75 mg in the morning. All of a sudden now I'm having these debilitating attacks.
    • Posted

Definitely find a psychiatrist who deals with anxiety. A med change and maybe theropy. Quiet time of meditation or just slowing your thoughts down and focus on what gives you peace and joy. Prayers. Sleep. Gym or exercise daily if possible. Eliminate stressors . Christian music or just silence. Keep a daily log of how your doing. Not easy at all. I'm still working on it. Cut out junk food/drinks and keep track of that also of what helps.
    • Posted

Thank you for all your good advice. I do have a lot of stress in my life. I will do my best to follow what u have given me. Thank you so much. πŸ˜ŠπŸ™Œ

I will be praying for u as well. ☝☝

• Posted

Hi I have extreme health anxiety and I get the same thing! I get muscle spasm and tightness and burning! Which gets much worse at bed time!! I was convinced I was having seizures and saw a neurologist and it turns out it was anxiety and that I had a extreme fear of seizures and my body was almost mimicking the symptoms of one!! I was told if it was seizures it would happen at any time and not just at bed time! Hope this helps.
    • Posted

OK kerry, I hate to hear that your going through that but I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one. I'm so tired and drained and my left side hurts. I had a video EEG in may of 2010 because my doctors thought it was seizures. And no lie, every time I would fall asleep, those spasms and cramps would start like I'm possessed. The doctors said I had no seizure activity on my brain. I was beside myself. I was in there for 5 days while my mom was in another hospital battling lung cancer just for them to tell me I wasn't having seizures but severe anxiety. It sucks but we will get through it kerry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.