Sensitive skin

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi lovely ladies.... this site has so helped me deal with the worse time ever, do not think there is one thing i have not experienced to do with the hell of menopause, i was trying to walk more as the weight put on through menopause is awful, but i thought i will walk to my sun bed shop to have a sunbed, for a little warmth and a glow to get rid of my grey skin and black bags... but even this turned into s nightmare, i have never been sensitive to light, or sun... but my god, i felt burnt... skin all red , saw, never ever has this happened before mind you have never had a sunbed since started going through menopause! so i was just wondering if anyone else at all has had experience of major sensative skin, through uv light or sunlight? frigging great, so now, this!!!!!! as if feeling terminally ill isnt bad enough, thanks ladies... xxxx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Mandy, no sunbed experience, but my skin is definitely more sensitive. I rarely use eye make up, but a couple of months ago I tried to be pretty and used some. My eyelids got red and itchy...looked great with my under eye bags. Tried again last week, same thing. Now, I have eczema or something on my elbow...bumpy and gross. I freaked out because I thought I had shingles or something! I miss the days that I used to run around barefoot outside near poison ivy and get nothing.

• Edited

tell me about it hun... literally every part of me inside and out is falling apart!!! wanna scream... feel so unwell with the, dizzyness, tinitus, headaches, balance problems, hot flushes, severe anxiety and panic attacks, weight gain, hair falling out, just look and feel so ill inside and out... so thought just have a walk then brighten up with a 12 min sunbed!! my god, skin hot, red, saw, terrible, something thats never ever happened before! so must be another symptom! it just never ends! x x x

• Posted

Lordy! me too...all but the hair loss and weight (yet) Recently diagnosed with vestibular migraine...on medication for it. I hope it goes away...I have to use a walking stick now outside I am so clumsy. I almost wioed out today on the ice. 41 years old...cannot imagine what I will be like when I get older.

• Posted

Oh my! I am having the most horrible problems with my skin too. I have recently gotten a patch of eczema right between my eyes and on my elbows too. My skin is horrible. I probably go through a bottle of lotion every week. This sure is a rough time. I am afraid I will start looking like that little creature Gollum on the Lord of the Rings. Hopefully we will all start feeling better soon.

• Edited

I, too, have a problem with sun. So much so that they thought I had Lupus. Nope, just a reaction to the sun. I also find that my skin is super dry and easily irritated. Like I'll feel like it's being rubbed raw by my jeans and it's really not. I also find that I'm touchy with makeup, too, which sucks because I really love makeup. Ugh. I also have a lot of "life" happening right now so that's not helping things.

• Posted

hi darling,

my skin so saw, literally feels like i gave grated it with cheese grater, and face looks so saw and burnt! my god i just cannot believe its something else now! (not saying sun beds are great) but used them for years just for a little pick me up... but now my god, cant believe my skin reacted like this...

just dont know how many more things i can deal with...

xxxxx

• Posted

You are not alone in this, Mandy. I am 52 and over the past year it's been my skin that has decided to revolt. I can only use vinegar in the washing machine for clothes. I can only use a goat's milk soap at 8$ a bar. And only vaseline for moisturizer. Everything else gives me eczema or an irritant contact dermatitis response.

There are some medications that increase our sensitivity to sunlight. Are you taking any that might have photosensitivity as a side effect?

XXOO

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.