Serious depression on day three

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi guys I'm suffering serious depression and anxiety due to alcohol withdrawal.

Up to this week I have been drinking four litres of whiskey a week minimum and that's not including nights out. 

Just joined the forum and wanting to find likeminded people in the same boat as myself and get some advice

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done Cormac. Three days sober is a great start. Keep trying. Robin
  • Posted

I have the same issue. up to 1 liter or 1/2 gallon a day for maybe 11 years.

?I eventually had to seek a doctor's attention because nothing else worked. This doctor understood that I can not go to rehab and that there were favorable opportunities. 

?My biggest thing is that I can not stop cold turkey or I'll land myself in the hospital, I was told that quitting smoking would be easier for me. 

?When my liver doctor told me that my liver is reversible, he also said, "You say your happy alone.... some people go to church to keep from being alone or they stay at home and hide in their addiction to avoid being alone. If you want God, go get him. If you think your truly happy being alone, then let your addiction go. After a year, I'll believe you." 

?This was hard to take in. But considering how bull-headed I am, the competition is on.

?I started seeing how long I can go without drinking.

?I made it 1 1/2 weeks then broke. Drank solid for a week, went 3 then broke again.

I could go on.

?My biggest thing before my actual TRUE help is to find out my weak points and triggers. 

I hope this helps!

• Posted

Thanks for that taisha, that's exactly what I do quit for a week or get to maybe ten days the break and drink harder and heavier than ever. When I hit that sweet spot I'm on fire at work and with my friends but then that one that put me mad will have me at home chugging down bourbon. It's got to the stage where I can't hold s job down at all so life is just completely out of control

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.