Seriously depressed about anal fissure

Posted , 31 users are following.

Seriously am so depressed dealing with this sad the weight loss , the life change, the pain , the emotions sad

I'm 8 days post Botox sad I've had so many panicking attacks my surgeon has had to contact me outside his usual hours

I just feel like I'm forever doomed sad the Botox has worked abit but going toilet still sucks and then I'm tender and sore after sad still better than what it was before surgery but I'm struggling because I'm panicking this won't heal and I'm forever doomed I just cry all day because I'm miserable and it's affecting everything sad can someone please talk to me im feeling really depressed about it and I'm only 23yesr old female sad

1 like, 126 replies

126 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried using laxido, every day? I was taking lactulose and every other night dulcolax, which worked, but the first time the next day, I had terrible pain and bleeding, then diarrhoea all day which made me sorer.

Have seen colorectal surgeon, who gave me gtn-- can't use it burns too much, and laxido.

My mistake was not taking it after i had a bad day due to dulcolax, but when I started taking it every day, late afternoon, never miss a day, it then started to work every morning.

After years of pain and bleeding, I have a bowel movement every single morning, the first week was still painful, then it eased off, now I have no bleeding. I have a sigmoidoscooy next week, so hoping that doesn't split me again, but worth a try.

I do and always have had a diet low in meat and high in vegetables and salad, also have fresh orange juice with bits in every morning.

I know how miserable you are feeling, just hope this helps you a bit.

• Posted

Thanks Laura sad I'm not constipated and I'm vegan so I naturally have decently soft stools it's just one time I was straining on the toilet because I had stitches in from a previous tag removal and it split me sad did you get Botox ? Ointments didn't work for me and I had to have the Botox surgery with a removal of an internal polyp sad this is so miserable I can't deal

• Posted

Im so sorry for the pain you are in,fissures are a life altering experience.I had suffered for about 6months,I blame the gp I first went to,she prescribed me hemmie cream.I hadnt suffered from fissures before and kept applying the cream,bt the pain kept getting worst.I remember crying in pain,sweating and panic before bm.I finally,saw an colorectal surgeon,he was very frank and said if your fissure doesnt heal in 2months,it never will.The spasms,the tags make bms impossible,no matter hw good a diet you stick to,your poophole has been traumatized and shuts tight in fear.pucker factor.I immediately scheduled lis surgery,best decision of my life.I was lucky,healing wasnt painful and now I poo like a pro...
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply! Yes it sucks sad I'm a lot better after the Botox but I'm mentally in panic mode and I really do hope this Botox works sad it's still sharp passing a stool and sore and tender after but alot better then before / could you tell me more about your surgery experience as this is what I need to mentally prepare for if this does t work (fingers crossed tho) sad

Glad to hear you have a positive outcome

• Posted

Well,I gues everyones body is diff and the skill of the surgeon.I was luckky my surgeon was confident about the procedure as I have noticed some discourage it from lack of skill.He deduced with my age,being young of good health my body should respond well n it did.He made a very small incision to my external part inorder to reach the internal sphincter,used the opening to cut the muscle a bit which loosens all that pressure and tightness that cause the fissure not heal.I had 3tags as well which he removed.I was under General anaesthesia for about an hour.I dreaded my first bm,it didnt come on that first day of surgery,and when it finally did it was so easy I felt no pain at all bt jst a bit of burning I guess from the raw wound of fissurectomy.I went home after one days stay at the hospital,was given a sitz and epsom salts which I did abt 3times a day for a week.it has been a month now,and you cant believe how much I appreciate my condition down there,I evacuate easy and wholly.I hope your body is able to heal with botox,but just incase be on the look out for a good colorectal surgeon
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the info and positivity about your experience! Did the original fissure heal and your excision ? Do you ever get any sort of pain now
    • Posted

No pain at all!I dont hv to take stool softeners or laxatives,im still careful abt what I eat,stayn away from things that would get me banged up.I used to be so scared seeing a toiletbowl full of bright red blood,came along way.
    • Posted

Hi April,

What surgery did you end up having? I've read so many horror stories about the internal lateral sphincterectomy. At once, I felt relieved that there was a surgical option, but now am discouraged with all the negative things I've read.

• Posted

Hi April,

Can you tell me what things I can ask or look for in a good colorectal surgeon? How is your condition Now? Do you need any help (stool softeners, fiber supplements, etc?)

• Posted

Hey Angel,a surgeon who is confident in the procedure and who advocates for it.The first thing my surgeon said to me is that after a fissure becomes chronic,non of the conservative measure would heal it.He explained step by step,how a tiny incision is made to access the tense muscle,cuts it partially to relieve and promote healing.

I hated the stool softeners as the left a sick feeling in my mouth,and I stopped using them in a couple of days,I just watched what I ate and listened to my body.My anus had become quite lose compared to the struggle of passing stool id had before the procedure.I did sitz baths with epsom salts for almost 2weeks,

• Posted

Hi April

How do u know if a fissure is chronic

I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow il ask him but will b good to hear how your surgeon described it to u smile

• Posted

It's so refreshing to hear a positive outcome for someone who has had the surgery. I've read SO MANY horror stories. Just want to keep my options opened. Thanks for sharing😊😊

• Posted

Hi Riri000,

I had Botox 9/2016 and within a month I felt relief. As on today 4/2017 I feel occasional discomfort but nothing compared to the spasms. I think it's a hemeroid now. But I take mirilax daily and drink lots of water so my stool is soft like ice cream. TMI I know but this ain't no joke!! I totally understand your pain!! Make sure your keeping your stool soft!!! I can remember the first BM post Botox I nearly passed out. Keep your head up and remember tour not alone!!

Tra

• Posted

Thank you so much Tra for telling me your experience smile if you don't mind me asking can you see if your fissure has healed? And what was it like when the Botox wore off because that's what I'm most scared of

• Posted

I don't feel spasms just a weird feeling now. I haven't returned to the dr because I wasn't impressed at all w/her bedside manner. But i as well just want my life back. I also only use unscented wipes after a BM. One thing I can say is it's nothing compared to the fiscar pain.

• Posted

Sorry to hear your still in discomfort hopefully you and I both heal soon sad that's like me I feel just some sharp pain in toilet then afterwards it's discomfort like a sting up my butt sad I can't believe the lack of awareness fissures have I swear I never heard about them till it happened to me sad

• Posted

I agree 100%. Why don't we hear about this?? I've been suffering for 3 months, and honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Aside from the pain, panic, and agony, this condition takes such a toll emotionally and mentally. I am just lost.

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel sad this fuking sucks and the lack of eduction for this sort of trauma is ridiculous this is more common then hemoroids but no ones ever heard of a fissure what a joke! I'm not in pain anymore but I'm still bleeding and have a sscratch feeling going bathroom

What a joke this has ruined my life

• Posted

Since the end of march sad the pain I have now is NOTHING like it was it's only passing the stool it's like a scratch feeling and bit is blood but after I'm done within couple mins there's no pain at all

It's just so fustrating I'm like full of anxiety to even eat because I just think how it's gona come out and I'm scared to push at all

Urgh

Wbu ?

• Posted

I totally understand what you're saying. Mine started one day in March. Never knew I'd still be dealing with this. So drained from this. Feel like my life revolves around this. I wish there was more help with this. I am discouraged by all the bad things I have read about the surgery. And I totally know what u mean about the anxiety. I feel like if I eat one wrong thing, I panic or fear more pain. Yet, I've never eaten this healthy in my life.

• Posted

Took every word right out of my mouth sad has you're slightly improved ? My Botox has helped but looking st the fissure it's not getting any better then the stage it's at

Even if I have surgery the actual fissure needs to heal

Why the eff won't it heal sad the outside part of the tear has healed but when I open my butt hole apart the fissure that's like in the centre crease that goes inside is still raw sad I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow but I know his just gona say it's normal and to be patient as these take time to heal sad I can't enjoy life my life hasn't changed this is so bad

• Posted

I am so sorry and I feel for u!!! I cannot for the life of me figure out why we don't have better options. Ppl suffer with this, and we just have to deal with it. I've been so desperate, I've looked up if ppl get colostomy bags, temporarily, to let their fissure heal. That's how desperate I have become. I have an appt next week to see if there are options. Mine is so-so today, but that can always change. I still feel a whole bunch of stuff going on back there. So depressed over this.

• Posted

I did the same I even start researching if it's ok to forever live off a juice diet or if there's a way to cause permanent numbness rolleyes I just don't want this ever again n I hope it gets better soon sad gave u tried Botox yet ?

• Posted

I haven't tried Botox. The surgeon only spoke on the surgery, but I don't know how comfortable I would be with a General surgeon doing it. I'm looking into a colorectal surgeon, but am limited in oprions with my insurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.