Sertaline and quitipine for anxiety agitation suicidal thoughts

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi any advice would be kindly appreciated I've been suffering with severe anxiety and agitation since October which has led to depression or low mood as they like to call it! I've even on 100mg sertaline since December upped to 150 on Friday and quitipine about 3 weeks 50mg increased to 100! I'm getting pretty desperate now as I'm a single mum of 2 boys and the suicidal thoughts and feelings are so distressing I have a care plan in place and a crisis team to contact if it gets to much but would be lovely to speak to anyone sharing my experience as u know how lonely and isolating it can be thank u for taking the time to read this hope I get some positive feedbacks that there is light at the end xxx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys thank u for your comments I'm doing a lot better now mentally and physically still anxious and on edge quite a lot but I know it takes time hope your all doing ok x

• Posted

Everything worry about getting sick relationship break up will I ever get better! Suicidal thoughts! Will I be on my own forever! Who am i as a person! Lost in life!
    • Posted

As you probably know, the illness causes you to think all these negative thoughts.  

Are you seeing people and getting out and about?

Is your depression and anxeity improving?

I would consider asking your Doctor to up the dose of Quitiapine, if you have been on the same dose for a few weeks and nothing has improved. 

If things don't improve in a month:

Your body will probably better tolerate Venlafaxine now, if you want to ask your doctor and give the combination that made me better a try:

225mg Venlafaxine and 150mg Quitiapine

Every day was hell for me, but I got better with the above. 

• Posted

Hi katie. I  am on mirtazapine and quitiepin. I found sertraline actually made me worse and so the doctor put me on mirtazapine instead and along with cognative behavioural therapy, things have improved no end. I was sectioned for 11 days under th mental health act before I went onto mirtazapine. SSRIs dont work for everyone. 

Prior to taking mirtazapine I talked to my doctor about me having electroconvulsive therapy I was so bad. I take 45mgs of mirtazapine and 100mgs of quitiepine and along with the CBT I am a changed person. I would hesitate to say I was cured but I no longer think about suicide and don't feel so terribly overwhelmed, lonely or isolated. Talking to people helps as does getting exercise and eating and sleeping well. I hope since you left your last post that things have improved for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.