sertaline heart attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Side effect is a heart attack cos of this im scared to take..advice pls i dnt want have panic attacks all time

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Donna, just wondering how u r and if u took the sertraline ? X
    • Posted

Hi hun not took yet but been panicky bad today n i had enuff so tmrw im bitin bullet n defo takin wat side effects did u get...i hope i can still care for my boy on them
    • Posted

Hey Hun, I take mine just as I'm getting in bed so I slept through the harshness of the side effects but some people experience insomnia with them but I have slept like a baby since I started them 23 days ago. My side effects were...... Dry mouth, bit of an upset tummy, loss of appetite, anxiety, feeling sleepy, but I had all that anyway before starting the sert. Also if the side effects r bad then u can go bk to docs and they will give u something to get through the side effects. They should last no longer than 7-10 days. Good luck Hun and keep me posted. Also don't panic and think to much when u take them, just keep yourself busy and distracted. And think positive as this is the start of u being u again, hope the lil one is doing well x
    • Posted

Hun wat is it dr give me if have bad side effects...im scared takun them but i cabt go on anymore trying to do this on my own i need get better again my heart fast tonight as been so panivky all day im takung tmrw no matter wat all i hope is i dnt ave a reaction to them like i did the citraplam.ill let u no how goes got box out cupborard ready.x
    • Posted

I'm on beta blocker propranolol which stops the heart from racing and stops sweats and headaches but u can get diazepam but it is highly addictive so they don't like giving them out, u might not even have any side effects but if u do it will prob be upset tummy, feeling tired ( which u prob already do from having a new born bubba ) and feeling lazy, but I am here to help u through them Hun, they will only last for the first week or maybe half way through the second but u will be fine Hun x
    • Posted

Ty for support i have diazapam here already n took in past so know i b ok wid them...few hours im gonna take first pill i just want get better.belly axge dry mouth lazy i live with lol xx ill updare u later xx
    • Posted

Hey Donna, how was your first day starting your sertraline? X
    • Posted

Well i took it at 8am straight away has dry mouth then rest day felt drunk wgich dnt like as lookin afta baby but now that feeling has gone and i feel really panicky and keep goin toilet wuth upset belly ...x
    • Posted

That's all normal Hun, it does get worse before it gets better but it will not last more than a week, have u got a partner, close family or friends that u could rely on if u have another bad day so they can look after lil one while u rest? Try and drink water as just nibble every hr or so, and don't panic as everything u r experiencing is normal, just keep going but if it does seem to bad try taking just before u get into to bed. I take mine just before I get into bed x
    • Posted

Im scared hun yes got hubby home but i hate feeling this spaced out n bad headache now dint think get like this on a day...do u take diazapam wid urs tpo...xx i want be me again i want cry
    • Posted

I'm on beta blockers but my sister was on diazepam and swears by them, if u need to chill when your in a state then take one, also they say if u do get side effects like that it means it will work so just bare with it Hun. I know it's horrible and u think wtf is happening to me but it is totally normal. I thought about just quitting after day 1 or 2 but then I thought to myself I couldn't carry on with the way I was feeling before starting. Just take everyday at time. U will prob feel crap for a week but by next weekend u would be over it and a week or so into it. IT WILL GET BETTER!! Just take your mind off it, I started to learn knitting and that seriously took my mind off it, word searches, anything crafts, just to take your mind off everything. Have u tried rescue remedy as I used that aswell to get me through the anxious moments and still use it now and again. I get the one with no alcohol. X
    • Posted

Hun is it normal to notice tablet wearing off as i dud yesterday...i feel this us working abd cud b for me as u do hare drynk feeling but yesterday my body went tovhave a attack but it like tablet stopped my body..
    • Posted

Ps i can spell jyst when i write i cant see lol x also is there lower dose as i feel 25mg too much too soon n im in two minds bout taking 2nd pill today .x
    • Posted

Is camolie tea ok as i drinlk that often .i have bach spray i dint no i use it wid tabs but mines alcoohol in it x
    • Posted

No there isn't a lower dose but u can buy a pill cutter from pharmacy and cut to 12.5 but then when u up again u will get side effects so I would say it's best to start on the 25mg, u know what to expect now as u got the side effects straight away and u knew to expect it. U can take the rescue remedy with the alcohol in but I just hated the taste. Yeh camomile tea is very good as it's calming, I've got the apple and cinnamon one at the mo. X
    • Posted

Just spoke dt told me stick with it n try take at night but wat if dide effects wake me..or they r bad n i dint no cos im sleep x
    • Posted

Just took my 2nd im scared to death each time i have to take it y i feel this way...now i took it i wish i dint i dont no wat do i just want get better i still thinl everytime i take it summet bad hoin happen yo me...has all ur sode effects gone now
    • Posted

Dnt feel spaced out just bit panicky today am i not ment feel same as yesterday hun...head hurts bit but im tryin stick wid it as i must get better for me n my boy x u have gelped me to taking these widour u id not tpok x
    • Posted

Hey Hun, all my side effects went between 7-10 days, I just still get abit anxious every now and again but it's so much less than what I had before. Def stick with it Hun. I take mine just as I get into bed and I've had no trouble with sleep but some people get insomnia with it but I have slept like a baby on it. I was just like u at the beginning, I freaked everytime I took it but I just counted the days until I reached day 7 then it got so much easier. Just try not to think of it Hun as that's what is getting u freaked out x
    • Posted

Im gonna try before bed tnrw x my head just went funny like sumbody sqezzzing it wth...x
    • Posted

Yeh mine went like that, and when it did, I put a cold flannel on my head, also get an eye mask to sleep with cos that really helped me wlso.mu can get them in the pound shop I think x
    • Posted

I got drunk feeling again today been strange one min feel terrible n say myself not taking pill again then nxt min im bit calm grrr im confused im dreadin tmrw hun
    • Posted

Yep that's normal, it's bloody horrible but it will get better. It does get worse before it gets better, but u  have done day 1 and should be proud if yourself Hun, another 5-6 days and u will be over the worst x
    • Posted

Ok gonna keep goin x are u allowed take paibkillers on these meds..xi got ear infection
    • Posted

Hun bpth my ears have gone red and r boilin hot is this a alergic reaction . my lips hot too??i dnt see it in side effects x
    • Posted

I don't think it's allergic reaction as normally tounge and throat swells. And yes u can take paracetamol but no ibuprofen or aspirin x 
    • Posted

How r u feeling today Donna? I've still got the flu, but I was anxiety free yesterday but feeling abit anxious today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.