Sertaline Positive stories please x

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I've been on this forum for about a month now and it's really helped me and spoke to some lovely people. I just needed some help and advise from someone who's been there and had success with sertaline to give me abit of hope and to share their stories.

I've never done this before.

Abit about me... I have used sertaline a few years ago for anxiety and panic attacks and at the time I didn't think it would work it actually did. I felt great and so much better, I then came off them cold turkey (not recommended) and I was fine no side effects and was happy. Although I don't remember getting that much side effects to start with but I may have blocked that out! Anyway I went through abit of a 'wobble' August time when a guy give me attention (I'm married) and it made me smile, nothing happened! But I then questioned myself, am I happy? Am I a bad person for liking someone else? These thoughts were going on and on through my head and it triggered my anxiety back. I spoke to my husband and told him I felt in abit of a rut and he was ok, supportive. I tried to cope with it and get through the days. I would wake every morning anxious, I started losing weight, palpitations etc I researched supplements I could take, which I did, magnesium, vitamin d but nothing really worked so the doctor told me I needed to go on sertaline again. I was so scared to take it this time tho and I put it off for ages but depression started to sneak its way in. My husband said he would support me and help me with the children (have 2) if I experienced any side effects so on Boxing Day I took my first tablet but only 25mg I split it in half as I was scared to take the 50mg, I took that for 6days then upped to 50mg. I got some not so nice side effects, heightened anxiety being the worse and to top it all off my husband left me on New Year's Eve. He told me that he started to question if he was happy and he wasn't, he felt miserable and that my illness wasn't helping so he went. (He works away) so I sat there crying and alone. I was off work for 2weeks luckily so me and the kids just chilled out and I tried to muddle through it. Weve texted a few times but we decided to have a trial separation but he's been quite cold too so I don't think we will end up back together. I went back to the doctor and after 19days on 50mg she wanted me to up it to 100mg again I was scared so I split tablet and took the 75mg for 6days then upped it to a 100mg 6days ago. When I was on the 75mg I felt ok had a couple of ok days but since upping to 100mg I feel down and still have anxious thoughts. I'm very tired too. Is this normal?? My husband is coming back this weekend to see the children, haven't seen him since he left so that's making me feel anxious too so don't know if it's a combination of both? I just wanted to know if the meds will help me and when they will start to kick in on the 100mg? Is it another few weeks after upping dose that you will feel the benefit?

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to get a picture of my story and what I'm going through. Thank you to any replies in advance xxx

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Michelle and everyone else on here. I am late 40s and been with my partner for 3 years and it has been an emotional rollercoaster. When a we are good we are amazing and when things are bad they are awful. He says I am obsessive, controlling and trying to clone him into my little puppet. I have been married before and been cheated on so obviously there are insecurities on my part causing obsessive and angry behaviours plus I am peri menopausal to top it all off. This morning everything came to a head and if I don't get on top of my controlling and obsessive behaviour I am going to lose him so today I started taking 50mg sertaline as a desperate attempt to combat the depression, anxiety and obsessive behaviour and I am terrified they won't work. I can't bear the thought of losing him and it is all my fault if I did. Thank you for all your stories and experiences on here. I feel I am no longer alone with what I am going through xx

• Posted

I’m new to all of this and it’s my first time posting. I’m not entirely sure how this works so I apologize if I’m doing it wrong. 

I’m looking for positive stories and helpful words for people who are on sereltine. I’m on my 7th day and today is not a good one for me. I’m on 25mg with not much change. 

I’d like to hear that I’m not alone in this journey and hopefully relate to someone. Just kind of reassurance that someone else is out there if that makes sense. 

Also, if I’m posting on someone else’s question or forum, I’m sorry. I have no idea how to do this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.