Sertraline 100mg

Posted , 94 users are following.

Hi I've been taking sertraline 50mg for 6wks and the first 2wks were horendous side affects. I was prescribed sertraline to help me deal with panic attacks and anxiety after I had a TIA mini stroke. I've now upped my dose to 100mg and feeling much better ,my only advice is try and stick with it early on as it will get better.

19 likes, 124 replies

124 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks Jamie .yes the increased anxiety is awful thought it wAs bad before I started the tablets!!!! I am on 50mg due to see my doctor end of next week might ask to up the dose like you. Thank you for your re assurance it really helps to know others understand deb x
    • Posted

I started on 50mg last September a month later I was upper to 100mg as I felt worse and I think that's just a natural side effect to anyone it's now November of this year and I dropped my dose back to 50mg it's been a week and I feel ok it's finally in my system and I hope by the end of the year to be on the lowest which could be 10mg no idea could be 20mg

• Posted

Hi just wanted to ask how your feeling now I started on 50mg felt great increased to 100 started feeling awful so doctor put me back down to 50mg
  • Posted

Hi, i have been on sertraline for 4 months and was my first time on them, never had anything before then bang anxiety from knowhere, but i took them and seeked conselling and what a difference it made to me, sertraline gives me like random aches and pains and thats about it really, however when i first started taking them i was having anxiety rashes, pins and needles, sore stomac, more attacks, but after somehow managing to persivere with them after a month they disappeared, i noticed when you read the ticket inside your mind makes you have the side affects.

p.s 50mg

• Posted

Hello. Having spent many years suffering with depression, self harming and several suicide attempts I was today prescribed sertraline 50mg per day. I read the reviews mainly bad but some good and to be honest I am bricking it! Took me about 3 hours to convince myself to take it! My main concern is the apparent "thoughts" that are allegedly a side affect. I hope for the sake of my kids that these help because of late my coping resources are outweighed by my pain 😞. So if it's ok I am going to use this forum as a diary of sorts to air my feelings and thoughts whilst I take this medication.
    • Posted

Hey, I know it's a year late but I hope you're feeling better. It took me about 3 months to get used to the medication and I'm feeling a lot better. I dont really rhink it's ever the medications fault for suicidal thoughts. Try and remember all the good. Including your wife and children. All the best, Jen

• Posted

hi LFCrick,

i started 50mg 5 weeks ago, first few days i was full of anxiety and then it reappears every few days but not bad anxiety, my trouble is depression and anxiety, first the anxiety and worry and then i get deep depression after where i can't lift myself out of it and feel totally helpless at times, which is horrible to go through, this happens on and off every few days. sometimes i wonder if i will ever get better. i rang my doctor just this morning after a terrible week (week 6) on 50mg and explained that i had been very low and unmotivated, she's put me up to 100mg. i have had good days on 50mg and felt good too, which i've not had for ages, back to my normal self for short periods, maybe 1 or 2 days, but sure enough, just as i was getting myself together and gaining my self confidence in i do actually have my personality back, the depression hits again, racing thoughts and anxiety about all sorts of things i wouldn't normally bat an eyelid at. i'm usually very relaxed and happy go lucky, now i feel like another person and get anxious about the anxiety and depression returning and when i'm going to have my next episode of it.

so, all i'm saying is you vent on here as much as you need to, and you're not alone, by far......we are all in the same boat with this anxiety and depression, it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone and those that just say, oh pick your head up and sort yourself out, obviously have no idea what it's like and never experienced it, lucky them is what i say.....hopefully one day i'll be saying lucky us :-)

• Posted

Hello.. I have just came across this forum & I hope you don't mind me messaging you.. Your thread just really hit home to me personally, somehow you have managed to put into words what I feel inside but never seem to be able to get out either in the right way or just does not ever sound as if it's truly what i am meaning.. So thank you firstly for having the courage to share & I am truly sorry that this horrible condition has affected us in the way it has..

Secondly.. How are you? Any better? Really hope you are even though I have never met you we know each other just with having the same thoughts/feelings & the worst of all same suffering with this illness..

The comment you made about having a day or two just feeling happy (like normal everyday) just having a good day feeling is something that I have not felt either in a very long time.. Till I read this to be honest the hope of even being able to have a 'just a good day' had completely left me.. As I say till now! You have just managed to spark that little bit of hope within myself that with continuing with the medication that I could possibly know what will feel like again maybe one day.. Used to be so much fun, completely spontaneous, worrying was not in my nature, understand that it is natural to have crap days but this has totally debilitated me in so many ways...

So basically thank you! Thank you for saying what I have never been able to.. You have helped me when no one else has been able to.. Again thank you..

Really do hope & wish that everything will be better for you in the future.. I think after everything that we have been through & felt we will come out the other side better than what we already where.. We all deserve to have a little happiness..

Take care

Ava x

• Posted

Hi it's Ozzy

I suffer anxiety relating to disturbed sleep

I barely get 3 or 4 hours

• Posted

Cheers ginge 👍

Well I've had my second tablet 2nite and so far of the massive list of side effects I've heard people have suffered I consider myself lucky I guess. Obviously I know it's not had an instant effect but just for the record today hasn't been such a bad day, one of the up days I suppose. As far as illness, increased depression, bum squirts, headaches etc not had any of the above so far (touch wood).

Today though I have felt completely 'zombified' (for want of a better word). I think at this point it probably should be mentioned I am a pot head, not in like a scrounging off the dole and mugging old ladies kind of a way though, I have a house, job, car, 3 kids, pay my bills etc just your normal bloke (but I have smoked weed for about 12 years now. Yes before it is mentioned I am aware of the effects and the possible, or should I say probable, link between the two and I am seeking help for that too.

So anyway I took my first tablet last night and after a few

Hours I did start having some side effects, I had blurring of my vision, body seemed to

Ache in my arms and legs, hVe felt a bit queasy but not barfed 😊, disorientated, shaking, dizzy, tired and just a generally felt like if smoked too much weed (which I may well have done).

So today I got up went to work and obviously I don't smoke before or during work I went to work and all day pretty much felt 'spaced out'. Not really the best shape to be in at work I know but I think time off work spent at home wallowing in my own self pity is a worse idea haha

As I say took my second tablet 2nite and not smoked as much weed. Feeling pretty much normal, stoned yeah (but for me that is normal) I figure I'm either lucky or the weed is blocking something out. Don't get me wrong it is affecting me, noticeably so, but not in a bad way 😊 so far so good

• Posted

hi again LFCrick,

i too smoke a bit myself, i probably smoke about 2-3 a night so not a massive smoker and i've only been doing that for about 2 months, some would argue that could be the reason why i'm not getting better??

i've got some left for tonight then that's me done, i'm not going to have any more as i think that could be the reason why i'm not getting better.

don't get me wrong, i love smoking and i love feeling relaxed and chilled out at night for when i'm going to bed and i get a good nights sleep but i can't keep doing it and then complain that i'm not getting any better, so i've chosen to stop altogether for the time being, i need to see an improvement, this has been going on for long enough and it's not worth it for me to continue smoking if there if a chance i get better quicker then i'm taking it.

some people are so lucky where they can just pace through life and never have any mental health issues and don't understand how someone can allow depression into their lives. for some they don't get that choice unfortunately, i just wish it didn't have to be me or us. i'm not the best with emotions any way, without this happening. i just want a normal happy life and this has turned my world upside down :-(

• Posted

Hey ginge, such a good decision to stop smoking green. It may feel good to chill and relax at night with a joint after a long day of feeling anxious, or however you probably don't want to feel. But that green won't work its way out of your system by the morning, leaving you with that feeling like 'I'm not getting any better', triggering the vicious cycle because you'll have an anxious day, then back on the green at night cause you think it's the only thing that help calm you down... I know myself.

I started smoking just over a year ago, and got into the habit of using it as a soother... But it's quite the opposite, everyday I was waking up with the feeling of doom. I started taking 50mg sertraline just over a month ago and i still smoked green...

Then, I got onto 100mg after the 50's just weren't working at all... I literally felt like life was leaving me. I was apprehensive of the 100mg, but couldn't be happier with the results although I do get the odd fog and extremely restless; shaky, eyes seem to focus and refocus a lot but it passes after a while- once the come up has subsided.

I've stopped smoking green for like a week now, and even though it's not that long I'm glad I did make the decision, like you have ginge, to stop.

I wake up in the morning and getting up is a bit easier, I've found that I'm starting to feel a bit more confident in approaching tasks and think more clearly(ish- as much as you can in this position) and in training my mind to associate green with not a good thing or feeling, so not reaching for it when I think I need to relax.

Even though it is difficult to be in the positions that we are, however different we all feel, I think there are things we can do - and not do - to make the process easier for ourselves.

Sorry for the rant but I'm so happy that you are stopping! Good luck and your a star X

With love

• Posted

P.s, even if you do end up smoking it on the odd night if you really need it, -and don't think it's a bad thing that you have done it. It's okay to slip, everyone does it in thier own way, just keep your eyes on the prize.

And yeah some people don't have to go through what your going through, but going through something that is as emotionally taxing and tiring, is still a positive in the long run. You'll be a person who can sympathise, understand, and even extend your help to others.

Yeah people may look happy, but you will be too xx

• Posted

Sorry to hear that ginge and I think you make a wise choice. I know/believe my drug problem is contributary and I am seeking help for that too. Wish I could just give up but it's gone far beyond that for me I'd need locking in a padded room for a month haha not had the best day today. I had a really good weekend with my kids and I think today I'm having a bit of a come down so to speak. Back to docs on Thursday so see what the next couple of days bring. Can't get any lower so only way from here must be up 👍
    • Posted

HI there am on sertline 100mg making me feel worse is this normal.

thanks

• Posted

How long have you been taking them?

During the start they tend to send your mood swings all over, it effects different people in many ways.

I took 50mg for 1 week and then I was moved onto the 100mg, I tend to have my down days, I go to college and sometimes I can't even get out of bed in the morning because of how I feel, to get to college I spend an hour on a train, this makes me very anxious but I tend to just zone out and think about what I am going to do today.

Perhaps you could do with some talk therapy as well?

• Posted

I NO longer that this medication... I have never felt WORSE with Zoloft...   I am not back on Lexapro and feel AMAZING again... I should of never switched...  Lexapro works for me unbelievably.   It enters the brain receptors a different way and just makes me feel PERFECT...  NOT one anxiety ATTACK, not ONE nervous feeling..   I LOVE LEXAPRO......  
    • Posted

Hi how long was u on sertraline for b4 you switched bk to ure old tablets? As I used to be on paroxatine and was on them for 17yrs. But the doctor as changed me to sertraline. I’ve been on 100mgs for 4wks now. But I don’t know wether to carry on taking them hoping they’ll make me feel better. Or just go bk to my old 1s. But it’s just that weaning off sertraline to go bk to my old 1s. Any advice for me please 🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.