Sertraline 150mg help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey,

Iv been on Sertraline for a while 50mg but had abit of a relapes so have been put up to 150mg slowly. This is the highest dose iv been on before. Iv been on 150mg for about a week and a half now and starting to feel better already but I find my anxiety is always worse in the morning and does any1 get tired in the afternoon or is that is me? If so any tips?

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm exactly like you however I'm on 150 a week and still not feeling good.

• Posted

You have to give it time are you sleeping ok at night? And working as normal?
    • Posted

I sleep OK but I'm pretty much bed bound and afraid to go anywhere or do anything.

• Posted

Hi im on 50mg this is my 4th day and yes i get so so sleepy in the afternoon...so sleepy i rang my docters and she said its totally normal and will pass...im on sertarine for extreme anxiety...hopefully they start to work soon...

All the best x

• Posted

This is my 7th day on 50 mg and i feel awful hopefully this is short lived
    • Posted

Whats ur plans u gonna wait for it to hopefully kick in?
    • Posted

Yea I don't think I could switch again and then wait for a different med to kick in. I'm going to give this a fair shot. U?

• Posted

Ive no idea wat to try its working for anxiety but making me more depressed its a hard slog ive got doc on tues see what they suggest? What other meds have u tried im considering mitrazapine
    • Posted

I'm on sertraline,mirtazapine and olanzapine.

I've tried lexapro,Effexor, pregablin and Quitipine.

• Posted

Ive never heard of olazipine or quitipine where r u based?
    • Posted

I might ask mitrazapine
    • Posted

Ireland. This 2 are anti psychotic at small doses used to treat anxiety. U know u don't have to switch u can ask for mirtazapine to be added?

• Posted

Our gps over here dont tend to mix but i'll ask im scared this depression isnt going to lift never had it b4 just anxiety mainly

• Posted

I'm sure he will mix. U are still early days on sertraline if u switch to mirtazapine you are starting fresh again which could take longer?I get both everytime it horrible. It's never lasted this long before. So I am really worried.

• Posted

Usually only like this for a couple of months. I'm now 10 months like this.

• Posted

Don't know weenett everything was great in my life.

• Posted

Its so frustrating eh! Does ur partner understand mine is really good but not sure he gets it tbh
    • Posted

Actually who am i kidding i dont get it!
    • Posted

She is great tbh but is so pis#ed off with me because I don't help myself or around the house. I'm a shell of a man.

• Posted

Its so hard tho if we could snap out of this nightmare we would!
    • Posted

Did u feel it coming on? Is it depression and anxiety u get?
    • Posted

No just out of the blue. Yes I get severe depression and severe anxiety. Really horrible.
    • Posted

Thats a bit like me i never felt it coming this time either. Has ur work been ok with u being off?
    • Posted

Yea they seem to be OK haven't hassled me. I really want to get well enough to get back to work. I miss it but I'm not ready yet.

• Posted

I work with adults with special needs! Hows today going for u?
    • Posted

Wow that's a tough job fair play to u. I'm trying to do normal things inside the apartment. You?

• Posted

Killing time b4 work praying these god dam meds kick in soon
    • Posted

At least it's helping your anxiety. I'm fed up waiting for them to kick in. Seems like eternity waiting.

• Posted

It's taking forever for mine to kick in. I'm so fed up. At least it's working for your anxiety!

• Posted

Do u not feel any improvements? Wat does ur doc say
    • Posted

Not yet. Tells me I need to give the meds time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.