Sertraline 3 and a half weeks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I’ve been on sertraline for 3 and a half weeks now. I started to feel noticeably better after 2 week mark and I had no anxiety symptoms. I’m now starting to wake up panicky again like I did when I first started. Does this mean I need to up my dose? sad I was doing so well until the last couple of days 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also getting headaches again 
  • Posted

Hi jasmine 

You need more time ... it’s a rollercoaster of symptoms ! Review at 6-8 weeks I’d say and this is normal ... be patient smile 

• Posted

Thank you for replying!

I hope it gets better soon I’ve been out of work for 2 months now... it’s a continuous cycle. I’m worried about my health with all of this and financial problems. It’s like a never ending cycle. I suppose health is more important than money though 

• Posted

Hi jasmine,

How much mg are u on?  And did u use another ad before? 

• Posted

In my first week of it everynight I woke up with panic, its called nocturnal panic disorder and it makes you feel worse than the day-panics. But I am in the fifth wk of it and I sleep well nowadays. I think it will be over when your body gets used to it. 
    • Posted

I am on 50mg

like i said things started to get better over the past two weeks but over the last 2 days they've gone back to how they were when i first started but i will add nowhere near as bad! x

• Posted

I’m exactly the same! Im 50mg and it’s been 3 1/2 weeks and did feel better but now anxious and restless sleeping again! It’s horrible as I thought I’d turned a corner and had a few weeks of feeling better ... im meant to be going out for a meal tonight but all day I’ve been dreading it and don’t want to go feel so nervous for no reason, back to square one 😩😩 

• Posted

Hope you're okay! Im sure it will go again but just annoying as we thought wed got through the worst sad

• Posted

Yep it’s really frustrating... we will get there in the end I’m sure! I’ve heard lots of positive stories about sertraline.  I guess it just takes longer than We are wanting! Take care and stay positive x
  • Posted

Hi Jasmine,

Wondering how your feeling? I’m 4 weeks in and the depression is still awful! Anxiety I’ve had a lot of relief.

Thanks,

Ella

• Posted

Hi Ella! 

I’ve been feeling a lot better again! I’m just coming up to the 4 week mark. Off to the doctors for a review tomorrow. I am told it takes 6-8 weeks to notice full effects! Hang in there xx

• Posted

Could it be related to your menstrual cycle? I feel worse at this time
    • Posted

I was literally just wondering if this bout of horrendous depression was due to my menstrual cycle. I am week 41/2 of sertraline and I have just come on. Maybe that’s why! Have you found this? 
    • Posted

Yes definatley, starts about 4 to 5 days before I come on, cramps start abku then too for me
    • Posted

It’s horrible! How many weeks in are you? Hope you feeling ok! X
    • Posted

Almost 5 weeks in total but only 2 weeks on 50mg, I think things are improving though. It's rubbish though.

• Posted

Same as me! I feel worse this week for some reason. Everyone says 6-8 weeks are the turning point so holding on for that. Just want to forget all of this and be my usual self! Keep me updated with your progress x
    • Posted

I’m not sure! I haven’t come on yet xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.