Sertraline 3 and a half weeks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I’ve been on sertraline for 3 and a half weeks now. I started to feel noticeably better after 2 week mark and I had no anxiety symptoms. I’m now starting to wake up panicky again like I did when I first started. Does this mean I need to up my dose? sad I was doing so well until the last couple of days 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been taking 25mg for about 1 week. First few days I felt great and chatty and back to normal me. My friends even said its great to see you happy again. But its only been a week or so and I feel back to my low self and off. Nausea. I wake up about 0600 and cant fall back to sleep. I know 25mg is a low dose and 50mg is a regular dosage. How do you know that an increase is needed? I dont see my doctor for a few weeks. Its really affecting my job so Im concerned.  Thanks. 
    • Posted

Hi Nicole

I'm just starting my 3rd week, first week I was on 25mg like you, but I was instructed to increase to 50mg. 25mg seems conservative, so it's interesting that your doc didn't give you instructions to increase. If you haven't already you should contact your doctor and talk to him about how you're feeling and whether or not you should increase your dose. As for the anxious side effects, unfortunately they're part of the treatment, but as a lot of people say here it gets better with time. 

• Posted

Hey Jasmine

I'm just getting to my 22nd day of treatment. I also had good relief from anxiety attacks in my 2nd week, which was great.  The L ast couple days though I've had moments where something feels off or like something bad would happen. 

How are you feeling now? Seems like your about to start your fifth week, which is when some people have experienced some noticeable relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.