Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well I decided to take the sertraline and can't believe how fast it has effected me in a very negative way I wish I just stuck by my guns and didn't take it now the bad side effects kicked in after an hour of taking one I have never felt so ill in my life so I'm going back to not taking anything again ssri meds just don't agree with me at all I feel like I'm going to drop dead and that only after one 50 mg pill

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thats a shame, but at least you gave them a go.

Hope you can find something other than meds to help.

• Posted

i will reduce next time very carefully.i am asking you do you think i can go through the withdrawls of effexor while on another pill like it
    • Posted

I think you will find that it will be ok but worth checking on the net. I'm gonna try to get some sleep now I have got to have an operation early in the morning so not looking forward to that I just hope I don't feel this bad in the morning
    • Posted

I think you can possibly go through Effexor withdrawals whilst on another anti depressant.  Our bodies can take a long time to get rid of the effects of Effexor.  I quit and am Ok now.  Hang on in there.
  • Posted

Hi Michael,

Can I ask what dose you went on?

Sertraline is a very strong drug and (unlike sone drugs like fluoxetine) its usually better to taper up to the required dose over a couple of weeks.

If you are having suicidal thoughts go straight back to the GP and get an emergency appointment. if you cannot get one after explaining your sitruation just go to a&e. It ok to go to a&e for important mental health problems if you are in danger of harm.

• Posted

Oh Michael I am so sorry.  I know you had grave doubts about going back on anti depressants.  You say you are the same on or off medication.  You obviously react badly to anti depressants.

I was really ill when I went onto Prozac, and yet other people find it OK.  I was well on Sertraline, but as you have found out, it does not suit you. 

I got some 5HTP and it made me feel really bad.  Even herbal remedies can have side effects.

Were you ever on the early anti depressants?  Did they help, or do you react badly to all anti depressants?  Have you never felt that a particulr medication helped your depression?

When you saw your doctor this week, did he suggest anything else.  I know you have mentioned hospital, and they will give you medication, or perhaps, like they did in my case, suggest ECT.  I have seen it has helped people with drug resistant depression.  Other people here have suggested medicine alternatives to anti depressants.  I was offered Lithium once by a psychiatrist, as that is supposed to help with severe depression.  I did not take it. 

Difficult to know what to suggest.  I know you can't afford the supplements you were taking.  I think they are helping me. 

Once the Sertraline is out of your system, you will be back where you started, but at least you wont feel so bad. 

Poor you Michael, I have been on this journey with you.  Wish I could help.  Big hug and friendship from me,

Anne

• Posted

Thanks Anne

I just had my operation today so in a bit of pain. Still not feeling to good but a bit better than yesterday and not taking anymore of them pills that's for sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.