Sertraline

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all.... I am now on day 7 of Sertraline and If anything, I feel more anxious. Today, my fears of having something sinister wrong with me have completely taken over, to the point where I am sitting at my desk at work and I can't focus on anything else!!!! Had anyone else experienced this? Please say yes sad

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Why have these tablets made me feel even worse?! I am more convinced than ever today that there's something wrong with me.... It's taken over my entire day!!!!!
    • Posted

They do make u feel worse before they make you better my doctor told me that it takes a while for them to get In your system
    • Posted

How much worse though? Physically and mentally? It's a viscous cycle. I want to keep taking the meds to feel better, but the meds are making me feel worse in order to get there!!!
    • Posted

He didn't say just said they could make you more anxious before you start to feel better, just keep taking them hun u will get there
  • Posted

Hi Laura.You have physical simptoms?
    • Posted

Yeah. Headaches, nausea, chest tightening, feeling like my throat is smaller, aches etc
    • Posted

Do you get chest pain Laura, my throat felt like that other day but not had it since was like I couldn't swallow properly
    • Posted

Yes!!!! I've felt like there's something in my throat today. Not a lump as such but just like my throat was smaller if you get me. Chest pains I have had too xx
    • Posted

Hi Kirsty I had problem swallowing is like the food get stuck in your throat then you panick thinking you can choke.This are anxiety symptoms.Maybe you feel different but is same thing.
    • Posted

yeah it is hun it's horrible, iv got terrible headache and keep getting on and off pain my chest hate feeling like this
    • Posted

Yeah I know what you mean hun, my chest pains come and go but got a terrible headache and my head feels really tight xx
  • Posted

I am on citalopram for 3 days and the side effects are very bad.Everybody says I have wait .I lost appetite,nausea,I feel tingling in my chest and more weird symptoms i don't know to explain them
    • Posted

Do you just feel 'strange'? That's the only way I can describe it. Generally under the weather and like my body isn't my own.... Just odd.
    • Posted

Yes I can say strange.I am affraid I will never get better.I can't do nothing just thinking all the time what is wrong with me, checking every symptom in my body.I am so scared...

• Posted

That's exactly how I feel hun, so so scared and like there is no getting better or light at the end of the tunnel. It's relentless isn't it xx
    • Posted

It takes me a while to get to sleep and then I wake up about 4 times. Do you feel like there's something in your chest, like you need to cough it up or swallow?
    • Posted

I have the same too weird int it, I can sleep on a night but wake up a few times and I always wake up about 6 and can't get back to sleep and always wake up with a dread feeling x
    • Posted

Now I have to take a sleeping pill.Two weeks ago I could fall asleep easy but waked up during the night

Since I started the treatment I feel more anxious and I can't fall asleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.