Sertraline 50mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was anyone else kind of scared to start this medicine? This may sound baby-ish but I’m so nervous about the side effects. My doc said I could start with half a tablet for a week then move to the full tablet the 2nd week. Not really sure if that will make a difference. I know I won’t know until I try just seeing if anyone else struggled with starting this medicine. Thanks!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I was terrified and struggled but nearly 1 year now and feeling great. it was very short term pain for long term gain! I would take the full 50mg though because as you increase the dose you may have additional side effects so you could be prolonging it. Good luck x 
    • Posted

Hello Kerry, 

Ive just read a post of yours from a few days back, really glad to see you doing well and theres a light at the end of the tunnel for us all...!!  I also suffer with the same negative mental chatter and its one of my main symptoms that I was prescribed Sertraline for... at what dosage  did you see a change in this symptom?? And does it still cause you any problems now??

• Posted

Hiya it's difficult to put a time frame but I felt better much better after 4 weeks but still not 100% as I was still having anxiety etc.. then went to 100 and again felt good for round 3 months then started to feel a bit edgy then upped again to 125 and I've been on this dose for 6 months. Feeling better is gradual you just all of a sudden think life is good and have more and more good days, you just forget you are on the pills. Of course I still have off days 1 or 2 a month or before my period. The mental chatter is awful though you can't get any peace from yourself ! It will stop in time once your medication starts working and you get to a dose that works for you xxxxx 

• Posted

Thanks Kerry, Its good to see someone whos made it threw to the other side... and still updates regularly.

And so true... the mental chatter, annoying as hell!! 🌹

• Posted

on 9/28/27 I recently started Sertraline 25mg due to depression and anxiety.  My doc had me up the dose after 7 days to 1.5 pills (37.5mg) until i got to 50mg 10/20./17.  While I started the 25mg dose i had an occasional agitation and anxiety and my doc said I could take 5 mg valium during the episode at 37.5 mg  well today 10/20/17 I experienced such anxiety and agitation, my hands shook and I could not leave my apartment.  Itold my doc I wanted to go back to the original 25mg dose because i tended to tolerate it on an OK level.  He texted me that he wanted me to take 2 doses of 25 mg and take a 5mg tatablet of valium with each dosage, the purpose for me to "aclimate " my body to increasing doses.  I texted i wanted to take 25mg at this dose and very gradualy consider increasing the dose and see if i i couod    tolerate the increasesl  * I remember i did much better on St Johns 'wort without any side affects.  I decided i want to taperoff the sertroline completely and slowly and to start the 'st johns wort once i'm completely off the sertroline.  'Thanks for all of your responses.l havea good idea how to do it safely and gradually.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.