sertraline 5w 3d not working??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im still full of anxiety and panic sad I'm lightheaded all the time too. Loosing hope now and scared. I can't be alone o take my kids to school then go to my parents house with my newborn

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

do you feel chest pains and on what side of your chest if you do and do you feel like if your having heart problems?
    • Posted

and how are you feeling at this moment if i may ask i mean cause sometimes taking to other peple may comfort you its cause me im still young im 23 but i deal with anxiety and sometimes it can be a bad and sometimes not
  • Posted

Hi, im in the same boat as you and ive got 3 kids and on my own. Its very scary, ive lost all hope and panic about everything. Are you on any medication? I started citalopram week and half ago x
  • Posted

HI Rachel, I started setraline and my symptoms prob started to improve aboutwk 6 I think and they say it can take longer for others. I am going back to get my dose increased as my issues are creeping back. Its good that you can spend time with family and not be alone. I wish you well and hope it settles soon for you but never be afraid to revisit your doc to check about dosages and timeframes etc. Even call the surgery.
    • Posted

Time frame a seem different with each doctor. Was you still anxious just before 6weeks? I panic all the time and still low x
    • Posted

Thing were slowly improving I think and I remember going for a 6 week check actually and stating that it had improved but not completely and was told to give it longer. I've made an appointment for tomorrow about my upping my dose. I would either give it a few more weeks or go back and question your doc and I have also heard that when you up your dose it can be a similar time frame to see the extra improvements. Let us know how things go smile
    • Posted

Ive been on it for about 2months now
    • Posted

I have moments where its better and moments when worse. I can cook tea etc now and bath my children I was totally unable to function before meds x
  • Posted

rachel the panic and anxious is part of the anxiety as long as your thinking about it and keep worrying about it it can stick with you or get worse try to distract or take some xanax when your feeling rel anxiuos and panic it works anxiety can sitck with you for a long time if you dont learn to control it and try todo some breathing exercises or go out for walks let me ask when your feeling all this axiety do you saty just laying down in your room locked up?
    • Posted

No I take my children to school then me and my baby go to my mums and they plan a day with us. Long walks etc. I can't stop alone and I hate been in doors (much worse) iv depression too and can't get the brain fog to leave sad its like I'm looking through someone else's eyes at my life
  • Posted

rachel if you dont mind me asking again for your age and your height and wieght if you dont mind just o give yu more advice and maybe try to work better with you can private message me if you want i just wana help you out cause i know anxiety is a bad thing and maybe i can give you tips dont be uncomfeertble to answer my questions when expressing your feelings can help you more than just staying quiet you do understand me right stay positive rachel
    • Posted

I'm 5.5 and 10stone . I'm going n 50mg. I'm better but I'm still fuzzy headed all the time with headaches etc and in fear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.