Sertraline 6 weeks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has it taken anyone longer than 6 weeks to feel better? 6 weeks today and still feeling c@@p. So fed up!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello sertraline can takes a long time to get into system.. ive known to take up to 8 weeks in severe cases of anxiety and depression may i ask whch u have or is

it

both?

• Posted

Thanks hailie,

more anxiety which leads to ocd behaviours.

• Edited

yes definitely. I developed a severe panic disorder out of nowhere and was prescribed zoloft. It was 12 weeks before everything settled down and i actually started feeling better and thats the case with a lot of people as i found out.

I kept a journal and looking back can see that weeks 6/7 were pretty awful still.

So hang in there cos it does get better. Its a very slow acting drug but worth it.

• Posted

Thanks Karin, that's helpful to hear. I just keep reading 4-6 weeks is the average time.

• Posted

my second time on citalopram I was still pretty poorly at 6 weeks I didnt turn a corner until about 10-12 weeks.

it's hard when you feel you arent getting anywhere but stick with it.

• Edited

hi , i am just a few days off six weeks and still feel like you c%%p.

Saw GP at home on Friday as just cant leave the house. He was surprised i was feeling no better and wants an update in two weeks.

its horrid eh

kevin

• Posted

its a horrible feeling especially when insomnia rears its ugly head. you aren't alone it will get better here if u need a chat

• Posted

Thanks potatoghost.

Thanks Kevin. Is it the first time you've been on them?

Thanks hailie. Grateful that sleep not so bad.

• Posted

what dose are you on and for how long now have you been on this dose for. you've probably told me but my memory is pants at the moment x

• Posted

I know it's probably hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now but..... six weeks isnt that long to see if the will kick in x some people need 12 weeks plus.

also I think 50mg is the maintenance dose and 100mg is the therapeutic dose so the good news is you still have a few more doses to try if 50mg doesnt do what you need it too. sure it will with a bit more time.

• Posted

i was on a dose when first had my cancer and through the treatment but this is the first time on properly ( dose now 150mg) . just want to start looking at matters rationally and not always looking at the worst . i just sit around waiting for the day to end as sleep is the only time on is relaxed.

• Posted

i have this at the monent. ive been on for 4 weeks (2 weeks 50mg 2 weeks 100mg) and ive added mirtazapine 5 days ago. im fixated on blinking and i CANNOT STOP im feeling like il never get better and be thinking of blinking forever and its terrifying me 😦 all i do is wait for the day to be over so i can sleep and escape. any positivity would be great as im genuinly losing hope. just want my life back and im in tears writing this. thanks.

• Posted

It's so upsetting, isn't it? You will feel better. Some say upping the dose quite quickly can keep the side effects going. Maybe that's what is causing your feelings. You will get better though, with enough time.

• Posted

im just convinced il be thinking of blinking forever. my brain is trying to control my blinking. so everytime i blink im aware of it. makes no sense does it. dunno what to do anymore. anyone experienced anything like this?

• Posted

j gloucs is right. you might be feeling a bit better by then and if not try and go if you can because your wife will be happy that you did and that will help you feel good about yourself.

also its gonna be tough but if you manage to go, that will give you a bit of confidence that you can do this.

but dont beat yourself up if you cant, just consider it. even that's a big step in the right direction x

• Posted

james i can promise you now with certainty you WILL get better. its a long slow progress that everyone of us wirh anxiety and depression have had to go through. at my worst i considered suicide that was 5 years ago. im still not 100% BUT i can smile and feel like me for the most part .. im here if you need a friend

• Posted

thank you 😃 my brain just cant understand how it ever blinked without thinking of it. its so hard to explain but it drives me nuts. does it make sense to you (or anyone else) ? feel like it will never go and il always be thinking of it and that il go insane . thanks for reply hope you are well

• Posted

James I totally get it because mine was all focused on breathing.. i focused on the way i breathed 24/7 so much so I'd feel short of breath all the time which eventually led to panic attacks so yes ibtotally understand. hope you are doing ok.

• Posted

yea sounds similar. im constantly trying to control my blinking and literally cannot stop thinking about it and i tell myself il never be able to stop so i get panicky. its like my brain has forgotten how to. first thing in the morning when i wake up then non stop all day until i sleep. ppl keep saying it will go and medication will cure it but i cant see it. was yours 24/7? how long did it last? and do you think its similar to what im experiencing? its just leaving me feeling helpless like ive lost grip and im stuck in my own thoughts and cant escape. so stupid because its just blinking and ppl think im crazy. thanks again

• Posted

yup. my panic was trying to control my breathing bit eventually on 50mg sertraline i stopped obsessing. amazing.

• Posted

once i believed in the meds it just seemed to stop. CBT therapy really helped- he made me hyperventilate and allsorts to prove it wasnt a danger. id assume they would do similar for blinking 😃 exposure therapy to prove its natural and your body will do it without monitoring 😃

• Posted

thats the problem im having though, im always aware of it so im trying to control it . for example il try to say to myself 'ok dont blink your brain will do it naturally' but all that happens is im aware that im not blinking and the thought is still focussed on it. just NEED to know that it will go i cant cope with this forever im going mad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.