Sertraline 6 weeks

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has it taken anyone longer than 6 weeks to feel better? 6 weeks today and still feeling c@@p. So fed up!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, sitting around is so frustrating. I do a lot of that. Just keep hoping another day will see an improvement. What dose did you start on?

• Posted

50 mg for a couple of weeks then 100 next couple and now 150 for 10 days.

i just keep going over the same things over and over in my mind.

wife of 28 years supportive but not easy on her. Her birthday soon and our oldest son flying over to see us and family do etc. i just will not be able to go .

• Posted

You've gone up the dose quite quickly. That might account for still feeling bad. Sorry to hear you feel you may have to miss your wife's birthday celebrations. You never know! You may be feeling an improvement by then.

• Posted

sorry youre feeling rough. have you spoken to your GP? maybe you could try a higher dose?

• Posted

Hi,

no, but I'm seriously considering it. I really wanted 50mg to be enough, and for people to say it takes longer than 6 weeks, but I know that some people have felt better after 4 weeks etc. Wondering if it's that the generic form takes longer than Lustral, which I was on last time.

• Posted

i can only say i pay private prescription at the GPs so i get genuine LUSTRAL.

• Posted

Can I ask if you didn't get on with the generics?

• Posted

i didn't, they seemed to release too quickly in the morning.

• Posted

dont be disheartened , it can take up to 8 weeks or a bit more . stick with it.

• Posted

myself and my mother have also taken various different generic brands and have been fine on them. i got back to normal after 6 weeks of 50 mg sertraline, my mum was on 50 mg for 3 weeks , then increased to 100mg . SHE saw a definite improvement after being on the 100mg after 5 weeks ( so 8 weeks in total )

• Posted

That's interesting that you took different times and you were both ok on generics. I know a lot of people have trouble swapping between generics.

• Posted

if you read the ingredients on the patient information leaflets, you will find that they are mainly all the same ingredients or 'fillers'

• Posted

active ingredient is the same, but may release at different speeds.

• Posted

Are you only on 25mg? May I ask for how long?

• Posted

hi, if you compare them all of the ingredients are the same from the three different generic ones i have taken.

• Posted

hi melanie.. im new to this forum. so i was on celexa for like 9 years and it always worked. i always had anxiety and im sure ocd. i had a baby last year and afterwards the celexa stopped working. it was awful. switched to lexapro which worked for a while but the end of may noticed it not working as well. so i decided to switch to zoloft which is what my moms on as well and works for her. so i started on 25mg for a few days. then increased to 50mg for 2 weeks. 75mg the following week and 100mg the following week. my psychiatrist said most of her patients theraputic dosage is 75-100. im finally on a steady dose of 100mg for 3 1/2 weeks and starting to notice a difference. anyways everyone going through something, hang in there!!!

• Posted

hi sorry missed this- been on 25mg a couple of years now. started on 50 and moved down once the anxiety had dimmed and i was comfortable. been a miracle for me, i used to panic daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.