Sertraline Day 25 and still feeling rubbish :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have recently started taking 50mg sertraline for anxiety/depression.

I am still experiencing nausea which is better on some days but most of the time I'm still struggling to eat.

I also thought my mood was improving but the past 2 days have been awful and I woke up through the night having a panic attack and couldn't get back to sleep.

I have a review at the doctor next week and was wondering if it would be too early to increase the dose?

I would be grateful for any advice at all as I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I know that feeling you can sure about that i stick it for 12 weeks on 50 mg and now on 75 mg for 5 days. And i struggling still good and bad moments and days and i wake up with anxiety in the morning.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, my gp initially said I should feel better in a couple of weeks but from what I've been reading most people take longer. I have 2 daughters and want so much to be back to their happy, fun mummy. Suppose I just need to take it a day at a time just now.

I hope you feel better soon too x

• Posted

Hi paula91469 I just joined this form yesterday and it's great reading everyone's experiences and it seems like this medication takes long. I started on 50mg for a week and then up to 100mg I was taking it in the morning but found myself tired and foggy all day and evenings were better so my doctor suggested taking them in the evening. In the start I felt nausea which went away but I started feeling more anxious and more panic attacks. I'm only on day 18 and have 3 kids so I know how you feel it's hard I have a hard time driving so getting my son to school is a challenge! Stay strong😊

• Posted

Hiya, thanks for your reply. I want so much to feel better but suppose I need to just be patient. I have my review with the gp next week. Same to you, hope you feel better soon 😊 x

• Posted

I think it is too early day to up the dose wait i apply that are you at the first time on sertraline?
    • Posted

Thank you, yes this is my 1st time on any AD. I just hope it works x
    • Posted

Hi Paula 

I still don’t have much appetite and I’ve been on Zoloft for 6 weeks. It comes and goes. The nausea is definitely normal. I would not up my dose yet. Wait a few more weeks. Give it time. It will get better. I still have my ups and downs but I feel I am improving and feeling better than I did a few weeks ago. 

• Posted

Hi Jenna, thanks so much for replying. It makes me feel better that I'm not alone still feeling these symptons. I will stick it out and see how it goes, hopefully I start seeing improvements too ? xxx

• Posted

Hi jenna324 I started taking my meds in the evening but now I'm having a hard time sleeping through the night and feel like crap in the morning dizzy and tired. Do you have any trouble with sleep?

• Posted

I have to take a Xanax usually to help me sleep. Hoping this will end soon once the Zoloft is fully kicked in. 
    • Posted

How are you doing?

I woke at 5am this morning in hot sweats, shaking and having the worst anxiety yet 😞....

Managed to get my girls to school and came back to bed.

So hope this passes soon x

• Posted

Im doing a little better today thank you! How are you doing ? I haven't had a panic attack in 3 days still get a bit anxious through out the day and still some tiredness and dizzy. Last Sat, Sun and Mon was bad for me was getting panic attacks on and off for those days. I'm finding the last few mornings I'll wake up a little anxious but more dizziness it's really hard getting lunches and breakfast made...I do it as fast as I can and then go back to bed. Sounds like a rough morning I hope you had a better day😊 I have gone to a psychologist and find it's helping only been to her twice but she really helped with my breathing and some other tips for my anxiety and panic attacks. Are you seeing any one? Hope your day wasn't too bad I'm 3 weeks today and feel a little better than I did last week.....crossing my fingers we all get through this😊

• Posted

I'm so glad your feeling a bit better. I'm still not great 😔.. Have to take the kids to a party later and can see it far enough.

I woke up this morning again in hot sweats, nausea, anxiety levels through the roof. I just can't face food at all and my other half is really worried, I feel so bad for putting him through this too.

I'm not seeing anyone yet, there is a long wait on nhs so think I'm going to go private.

I hope so too, hope you have a good weekend x

• Posted

How did it go today taking the kids to the party? Sorry to hear your not so great! We were on our way to my in laws for dinner finally felt like putting on nice clothes and make up and just as we were leaving I could feel the anxiety coming on I kept telling myself I will be fine we started driving and I could feel my throat closing so I asked my husband to turn around and drop me off at home. I'm having a hard time going anywhere! Last week the mornings were bad for me too no hot flashes I keep a fan in my room cause I was sweating so much it helps. Are you familiar with the drink Boost? They have it in pudding form my doctor suggested for me when I was not able to eat. If you could see someone that will help😊 deep breathing really helps I was told to do it 3 times a day. Maybe you can try breathing exercises in the morning! Hope you have a better morning tomorrow! Have a good weekend too😊

• Posted

It was ok when I was actually there, nice distraction for a while 😊...

Aw sorry to hear that, don't feel bad atleast you tried. You will get there in time, we all will 🤞!

I got some meal replacement shakes and high cal snacks like nuts, yoghurts etc so just going to try eat little and often for now. I've lost 21lb and i'm already small so can't afford to lose any more.

Going to try and get an appointment to see someone this week, have my gp review tomorrow aswell so will see what she suggests.

I hope you have a good week ? xx

• Posted

Hi Paula hope your doing better and your appointment went well! I had to share I actually drove my son to school the other day and did not get anxious or sick feeling in my tummy😊 baby steps! I find the only thing I'm having a hard time with is the dizziness which seems really bad in the mornings but better in the evenings. Have my doc appointment tomorrow so see what he says.

Hope your having a good week so far😊😊 x

• Posted

Hi 😊!

Yeah the appointment at the gp went well she was happy to keep going with the 50mg for another 4 weeks and see how it goes and I'm feeling a bit better this week. Mornings are still not the best but much better in the evening.

I was supposed to have my 1st CBT session today but the girls are off school poorly.

That's great your feeling less anxious, hopefully the dizziness goes soon too! I hope your appointment goes well today ? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.