Sertraline Day 25 and still feeling rubbish :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have recently started taking 50mg sertraline for anxiety/depression.

I am still experiencing nausea which is better on some days but most of the time I'm still struggling to eat.

I also thought my mood was improving but the past 2 days have been awful and I woke up through the night having a panic attack and couldn't get back to sleep.

I have a review at the doctor next week and was wondering if it would be too early to increase the dose?

I would be grateful for any advice at all as I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you guys feeling? Any relief ?
    • Posted

Hi Jenna,

The past couple of days I've been feeling a bit better in the evenings but feeling horrible for most of the day. I'm hoping that it's going to start getting better now that I'm seeing some improvement at night.

Been making myself eat little and often maybe a snack every 2 hours but still have no appetite.

Starting CBT on Thurs so hopeful that speaking to someone will help manage the anxiety.

How are you doing? Xx

• Posted

Hi everyone 

On day 26 today 50mg sert. Was having a few ok days then the mind strarted racing  yesterday and I’ve woke up today in pool of sweat and back to wondering when and if this will work! I can’t say it hasn’t improved as anxiety attacks have stopped but feel far from myself - just got up remain patient I suppose 😦 

• Posted

Hi Phil,

I'm the same as you, trying to be patient but it's hard. I've been on it for a full month now and have started feeling a bit better in the evenings but still not good for most of the day but i'm hoping this is the start of improving.

Stay strong , hope you feel better soon ? x

• Posted

Hi Paula 

It’s weird how it effects us differently - I had a glimpse of normality this afternoon and feel much better as the day has gone be ! Let’s hope the next few weeks these things kick in and we can enjoy our lives !!! 

• Posted

Hi Phil

I'm on day 26 as well and I haven't had a panic since last week. My appettite is back and not sweating as much. The only thing is the dizziness which is bad in the morning and makes it hard getting my kids ready for school I can barely walk down the stairs by the evening I feel better. I have my doctor appointment tomorrow and really hoping he does not suggest to up the dose! Hoping we all start feeling ourselves again 😊

• Posted

That’s sounds awful sad not had the dizziness as yet but last night I felt sick for a few hours and out of it ! Followed by calm.... it’s early days which means there is hope wink so many people say they work so to have be positive 
    • Posted

I felt exactly the same and had to wait 5 weeks before seeing glimpses of improvement. I was on 50mg. Gp put me on 75mg this week and side effects were back but not as bad. Just sleepy. No nausea, sweating not lack of appetite. So I woke up today and feel normal. At last.
  • Posted

Hi Paula. I have been on sertraline 50mg since last October. Nausea, dizziness, fatigue for 4 weeks. I have other health issues which make me anxious. I didn’t recognise my symptoms as anxiety. Weak, shaky, feeling I am going to pass out. It was scary in the shower. Anyway, the gp told me to increase to 75mg for a couple of weeks then go up to 100mg. Was worried about side effects but no. No nausea just tired. I am hoping for a miracle. It does take its time to work. I lost a stone when I first started. My appetite is back and I haven’t put the weight back on so that’s a bonus in my case.
    • Posted

Hi Armelle,

Was the 50mg not making any improvement for you then?

I had my gp review on Monday but felt it was too soon to increase after only a month.

I have started noticing the past couple of days feeling better for a short spell in the evenings so hoping that it's a start .

?

• Posted

I’ve been on 50 for 7 weeks. I see some improvement. More so like you, I feel great in the evenings. The mornings are the hardest for me. 
    • Posted

it's hard isn't it?

I go to bed feeling ok and hope it's the same in the morning but wake up feeling rubbish again.

Finding it so hard to focus in work, I spoke to my manager last week and she has been really understanding which is good.

Are you going to stick at the 50 for a while and see how it goes? I'm so scared of any increase because of the side effects. ? xx

• Posted

I am going to stick to the 50 for another 2 weeks and see from there. I mean I have made some huge improvements but I still get that residual anxiety that lasts for a few hours on and off. I mean it’s manageable it’s not crippling but I still don’t want it!!! 
    • Posted

Hi Paula,

i know this is an old post just wondered how you got on with the 50mg setraline and how are you feeling now?

• Posted

your not alone, im on day 25 aswell and have suffered nausea since day 1. I had a bad night aswell. I dread waking up to use bathroom in night. anxiety gets me before i can go back to sleep. Im on 50mg aswell. maybe an increase in dose would help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.