Sertraline & flu

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on sertraline for 4 months now finally reached 200mg for the past 12 days still waiting for sertraline to work, I haven't felt my normal self since June last year! Anyways I have had flu the past 4 days and it seems to make everything a million times worse, I am already stuck in my own little world, stuck in my own thoughts all day but it seems to be far worse, I just feel 'yuk!'. Anybody else like this with the flu?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm really not feeling with it today I feel super detatched, I don't know if I have the flu or side effects! I have been on 200mg now for 2 weeks and I never had any side effects when I started sertraline only feeling spaced out now and then. I started to have a headache and week ago then the next day sore throat, body aching, generally feeling unwell, the sore throat subsided after 3 days, but now I feel sick, achey, really detatched then usual, headachey, tired. I think I could feel the chemicals in my brain changing this morning, I also feel agitated and more anxious. I'm confused whether these are side effects and can you get side effects on 200mg even though I never got them before?

• Posted

Hi, started on 50mg for 2 weeks and moved to 100mg, side effects, headaches, nausea, and brain dead.  But anxiety easing a bit, have these flu like symptoms but I think I was ran down from too much work.  So going to stick on them, no other choice, nightmare to live with, I came  off effexor 7 moths ago, really shouldn't have, but the doc said these have less side effects, so going to give them a go. 

What I took for side effects, paracetamol for headache, ginger beer for nausea (wonder drink, fever tree) nothing for brain dead just have to keep at them it will go eventually.

Now on the funny side I'm Irish and like a pint on Sunday (well quite a few 7-8) last week had about 7 not a budge not even tipsy, waste of my money, so pondering about going out today.  I know I hear people saying you shouldn't mix alcohol bla, de bla, but I say im going on this pills to make be better not to become a hermit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.