Sertraline second time around.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All just started back on sertraline 50mg today. Was on it a few months ago for a year thought I was ok came off it with the doctors help over a few months. Was doing fine for a while then bang back to square one anxiety and depression back. Anyway went back to doctor two and a half weeks ago and we decided to try a different med lexapro but this has not agreed with me so this morning I'm back on sertraline 50mg. I'm not looking forward to the side effects as yea all can guess. So any advice would be welcome.

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been off of it for 5 years, but have needed to go back on for a long time now. So far the thoughts of the side effects have scared me into not trying them again.

All the best to you! Please keep us updated on how you progress.

• Posted

HI Kim

I know how you feel about not wanting to put up with the side effects but you are going to have to start sometime if you need to be taking them, so you might as well start them and every day that passes will be another day less side effects. And I'm just after starting (day 2) so at least we can compare the side effects with each other and comfort each other through this. Also you might be surprised and get no side effects who knows. Keep us posted

• Posted

Is it normal in the first wks to feel really blah and flat im sooo tired these last 2 days and feel pretty emotional
    • Posted

Well weenett

I couldn't have put it better that's exactly how I feel at the moment plus a bit spaced out, all I want to do is pan out in bed. I remember it was the same last time starting sertraline and it will pass. I find if I can manage to get out in the fresh air for even a small bit it helps but it's hard when you don't have the will to do it.

• Posted

Don't we all 4weenett. Tomorrow will be the start of week 5 for me and I still feel no huge difference. So emotional feel like I'm dying inside.

• Posted

I find the emotianal bit the hardest! How long r u giving it to kick in?
    • Posted

Totally normal! It will get better! Keep going!
    • Posted

Hi Weenet,

So you feel like crying and depressed for no reason? I do and sometimes it will last all day or an evening...I was like that late yesterday afternoon until evening. Just couldn't get out of it. Went walking tried to keep busy. I always end up crying.....

• Posted

Exactly i started this with crazy anxiety ive very little anxiety but now im starting to feel down although i feel better at night!
    • Posted

How long have you been on now? I need to increase to 50mg. How was your increase to 50 mg. Did you have many other side effects? I hate when I feel that down and it won't lift....

• Posted

Another couple of weeks. I start week five tomorrow....but I'm in bits here.

• Posted

God its hell eh! Do u feel its improving u any?
    • Posted

Been on 50 just undera wk upping to 50 wasnt as bad as i thought tbh
    • Posted

Not really...still pretty much the same tbh. I'm hoping it picks up soon though I can't keep going like this weenett

• Posted

I was on 25 mg fir a wk then i upped to 37.5 for a few days then i did 50 mg i tried 50 straight away way to much
    • Posted

Nice One Abby, I look Forward to that day. did you get up to 100mg or has the 75mg worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.